+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears, Posi's, Lockers, Bearings, Axles, More!

Guy is the detroit locker a fully locked unit or does it unlock when turning? I don't want the whole tire barking deal when I get a new locker, been through that with a Junk G80 a few times, thanks
    2000 2-toned silverado, Totalled. Gone But not Forgotten.

Now: 2002 black rcsb chevy. 5.3, P&P 862's, Comp 224/230 .58*/.59* 114 LSA, Racetronics 44lbers, ARP 2000's, Ebay long tubes, 4L80E, 3800 yank pro, transgo HD-2, 4.10's, True-Trac, Walbro 255, Nitrous Outlet plate setup for 200, 80mm BBK, 3" Magnaflow, and Raggedy traction bars! Waiting to be istalled, F.A.S.T LSx intake..........

Best: 7.40@90 1/8th

Tuned by: DIXIE PERFORMANCE

Thanks for all the orders guys, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by 00buckshot View Post
    Guy is the detroit locker a fully locked unit or does it unlock when turning? I don't want the whole tire barking deal when I get a new locker, been through that with a Junk G80 a few times, thanks
    Hello, the Detroit lockers disengage when cornering, but the are kind of noisy and can jerk the vehicle a little. Detroit Truetrac differentials are very smooth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RONS MACHINING SERVICE View Post
    Hello, the Detroit lockers disengage when cornering, but the are kind of noisy and can jerk the vehicle a little. Detroit Truetrac differentials are very smooth.

Thanks
    +1 Go for the True Trac. I bought one from Ron a while back and don't regret it.

Hey Ron, if I get gear whine only when I am decelerating does that mean the pinion nut needs to be tightened a bit more? It isn't a bad whine, and a local differential guy said that's all it will need. Just want to make sure so I don't have to pull it out and put in another crush sleeve.
    '00 Silverado 4.8L (Gone)
    '11 Silverado 4.8L

Quote Originally Posted by RUFFNECK View Post
    ...First relieve the pressure before doin' that or else you will get a nasty squirt and may get in ur eye.

Quote Originally Posted by yournamehere018 View Post
    +1 Go for the True Trac. I bought one from Ron a while back and don't regret it.

Hey Ron, if I get gear whine only when I am decelerating does that mean the pinion nut needs to be tightened a bit more? It isn't a bad whine, and a local differential guy said that's all it will need. Just want to make sure so I don't have to pull it out and put in another crush sleeve.
    Hi, yes, a whine on deceleration is an indication the pinion preload is not correct. You can try to put a little more on the nut, but it is tricky to get it right without pulling it apart. There will be no way to measure the preload.

Thanks, Ron

I'll find a new sleeve just in case and then tighten bit by bit. Hopefully I won't have to pull it all apart again. Thanks again for the really fast shipping Ron. I was so mad when I thought I would miss the race.
    '00 Silverado 4.8L (Gone)
    '11 Silverado 4.8L

Quote Originally Posted by RUFFNECK View Post
    ...First relieve the pressure before doin' that or else you will get a nasty squirt and may get in ur eye.

ordered from ron on (weds at 4:00pm) and had my order today at my door steps today (friday 11 am ) FAST SHIPPING THANKS AGAIN

5/9 mchgys\belltech\boss 330\streetscene\reflexxion\flowmasters\servos\tune

Cammed,Stalled,lts,ory,elec cutout, 4.56,transgo,servos,flowstoppers,

soon to come a little shot of nitrous

thanks Ron got the detriot yesterday
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Ordered 3.73s, trutrac, install kit, and bearings on wed at noon... got it today at 3:30!

Your the man Ron! Can't wait to get the truck back on the road.
    Alex

02 Chevy RCSB V6 -> H/C 5.3L SOLD

03 GMC RCSB 5.3L CAI,Tune,3/6 drop

i got the 4.56s in now, but i do have a little whine around 40-50.. its not to terribly bad.. could any harm come from this?

5/9 mchgys\belltech\boss 330\streetscene\reflexxion\flowmasters\servos\tune

Cammed,Stalled,lts,ory,elec cutout, 4.56,transgo,servos,flowstoppers,

soon to come a little shot of nitrous

+ Reply to Thread