+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need more amps for e-fans?

i got a pair of 15'' e-fans that i havent installed yet but and i was reading a post where they were all saying

they needed an alternator with more amps is this true if so what amps does my 5.3 4x4 have and what do i

have to move up to by the way im runnig some subs and a couple of screens
    2001 silverado 4x4 ext. cab, 2006 front end, cold air intake, msd spark wires, flow master, hp tuning, 20" bbs rims, 2" drop in back, e-fans
    http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q.../jaxbigger.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaxpewter2016 &#064; Jan 10 2007, 05&#58;13 PM) [snapback]79157[/snapback]</div>
    i got a pair of 15&#39;&#39; e-fans that i havent installed yet but and i was reading a post where they were all saying

they needed an alternator with more amps is this true if so what amps does my 5.3 4x4 have and what do i

have to move up to by the way im runnig some subs and a couple of screens
    [/b]

im lookin into the same thing... either 145 or 160

i found a few on ebay.... but i am thinkin about just going brand new... maybe if your down for it, if we get 2 we may get a deal cut........

cause im runnin a couple subs and going to be going with UD pullys im not sure what size i should get
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

so i do need a bigger alt what i&#39;m i running right know 105
    2001 silverado 4x4 ext. cab, 2006 front end, cold air intake, msd spark wires, flow master, hp tuning, 20" bbs rims, 2" drop in back, e-fans

look on teh alternator itself... it should tell you ... Red told me to look at the case of it, it is stamped into the outside of it
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy

thanx i guess i&#39;ll go check, would you advise against running the alt i got right now cause i wanted to install

the fans in a couple of days and i wont be able to get a new alt for 3 or 4 weeks until i go to the valley

i think you have a 105 amp like i do in my 2000 z71. its not too bad with e-fans and wont kill it but i would recommend a 145 or 160. The lights flash at night and the voltmeter jumps a little bit when the compressor kicks on (turns my fans on high).

so if i run the e-fans with the 105a it&#39;ll be okey, but i should change it later, cuz just with my subs my volts on the dash jump around just when the bass keeps hitting thanx
    -jax

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kz71 &#064; Jan 10 2007, 05&#58;50 PM) [snapback]79169[/snapback]</div>
    i think you have a 105 amp like i do in my 2000 z71. its not too bad with e-fans and wont kill it but i would recommend a 145 or 160. The lights flash at night and the voltmeter jumps a little bit when the compressor kicks on (turns my fans on high).
    [/b]
    The 145A that I bought has a split case with a black middle. I bought mine from GNRautoparts.com and it was like &#036;120.00 with 2 miles on it.

Just an FYI E-fans are alot of money for not alot of HP. JMO, but i did it anyway&#33;

Heres what I spent:
    05 EFANS &#036;250.00
    34" Radiator &#036;200.00
    Harness &#036;100.00
    Alternator &#036;120.00

Total &#036;670.00
    06 TrailBlazer SS LS2 4.10's

02 SC StepSide Factory Orange
    Full Bolt-On 370 - Little Cam- Victor Jr Intake -Worked 5.3 Heads - 4.56's - Built 60E - Circle D 4000

07 CTS-V CAI, GM Performance Exhaust, Ported TB, Coil Overs

that expansive, i got my fans cheap for &#036;110 2-15" and the wiring i think will cost me the same

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/jax...ter2016/fan.jpg by the way what are these fans

universal or gm truck fans

ive got a set of dual spal fans

+ Reply to Thread