Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WeFlyHigh/Diamond in the Rough

WeFlyHigh/Diamond in the Rough

2009 Saab 97x Aero
    Diamond Silver Metallic
    LS2/4L70E
    AWD

Day I bought it

Magnaflow 3" xl w/ cutout. These have 3" exhaust before the muffler so I need to swap out the tailpipe. Ill prob. Keep the resonator for a little while but this muffler shouldn't drone much if any without the res.

First few good pictures with my phone

I have some pretty big plans but they won't happen for a little while.
    As far looks, I'm pulling the rack, bringing it lower to the ground, black chrome wheels and that's close to it. Nice and simple, clean.

Performance wise is going to be a wild DD, going through all options I want to go the twins route. No specifics yet but that's what's up.
    Ill do an 80e swap, undecided on stall for now but this will be soon as the trans in these are like member blwn99x, they suck balls stock and are likely to break easy!
    If I wasnt on the east coast I would consider an awd to 2wd swap, but I need awd for now unless we move to NC.
    Haven't decided on my tuning needs yet, common sense would say Allen but I want to get hpt for that so that's prob. What ill end up doing.
    Guess I need one of those 15hp LS1truck decals too!
    Motor will be forged when I get the it, ill hit all the supporting stuff first.

This is going to come together slow at first but once i tear into it, it will be parked until done!
    2004 Avalanche pewter/black Cammed, Stalled, SOLD!
    2009 Saab 9-7x Aero, Diamond Silver 1 of 21

get a intake and reflash it will hell with mpg

Quote Originally Posted by canada4g63 View Post
    get a intake and reflash it will hell with mpg
    talking about a cai right? If so I have one, just haven't put it on since I don't want to have to tune it yet. These are pretty picky like a tbss and I've heard they will lean out if you change it.

Looks good man!

I used ace hardware Allen key studs for my roof rack holes. The only thing is since yours is silver the black dime size helicoil may stick out. so u may wanna tape those of and hit with a silver paint after you add the studs I just used lock tight and flushed them up and had zero leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    Looks good man!

I used ace hardware Allen key studs for my roof rack holes. The only thing is since yours is silver the black dime size helicoil may stick out. so u may wanna tape those of and hit with a silver paint after you add the studs I just used lock tight and flushed them up and had zero leaks.
    Thanks brother! Yeah I strolled through home depot but didn't find what I needed but ill stop in a local hardware store here soon.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GMCwantsLS1 View Post
    Nice.
    Thanks bud. Some tbss guys hate this thing, diehard Saab guys will set it on fire if they can.

I've always liked the Saab 97x areo. It a is a bit nicer than the TBSS. Both are fun suv's with some sport installed from the factory. I love our grocery getter family hauler. A lot more fun than the minivan it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by we_fly_high View Post
    Thanks brother! Yeah I strolled through home depot but didn't find what I needed but ill stop in a local hardware store here soon.
    It changed the look completely I know I posted pictures here before and after ill find it.

Here it is
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/pics-...roof-rack.html
    Last edited by Crazy Blu; 12-18-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Yeah I've been through your thread, I love it man! Another thing I want to do is black out the only painted pillars it has haha. Imm comsidering doing something with the hesdlight and tails, the come painted silver and is not a perfect match and bugs me but idk yet.

+ Reply to Thread