+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rant... Tire shop scratched my new wheels

Rant... Tire shop scratched my new wheels

I just had my new Method Double Standards mounted at a local tire shop in Seminole, Tx and they totally screwed up three of my rims. The first one they mounted fine, the second was deeply gouged with the tire machine. I didn't even know they screwed up the last two since I was so mad about the first one. The manager cut me a check for the first one and I'm thinking of going back to them on the rest. These were brand new in box as well. Grrrr!

That sucks man I would defiantly be fighting for new ones

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    I just had my new Method Double Standards mounted at a local tire shop in Seminole, Tx and they totally screwed up three of my rims. The first one they mounted fine, the second was deeply gouged with the tire machine. I didn't even know they screwed up the last two since I was so mad about the first one. The manager cut me a check for the first one and I'm thinking of going back to them on the rest. These were brand new in box as well. Grrrr!
    Happen to me at discount but the bented two of mine, they just bought me new wheels

Oh wow I've never had anything that bad happen to me at the tire shop!! I always seem to have problem with the wheel weights, what kind of wheel weights did they use on yours?? I always thought it would be common sense when a customer comes in with "custom" wheels, they would mount the weights on the backsidee of the wheels. I can't count how many times they mount them on the face of the wheel, even If I specify for them to be put on the backside. Last year I had them actually crack the chrome plating on an $800.00 wheel from those weights on the face of the wheel, I had to take them to small claims court and I won!!! $1,500 judgement...

They used internal wheel weights. I'll be in contact with the shop owner tomorrow - I'll post pics in the morning of the damage. After really going over all the wheels they scratched/galled every one of them. These have a matte finish and it looks like he got carried away with the impact.
    - 5.3 Stock Internals - Cal Speed Stainless LT's - 18" Magnaflow - K&N Drop In - Airaid Intake Tube - Nelson Tune -

Shopping List
    - Cam - 3200 Circle D Stall - 10" King Coilover Shocks - 16" King Reservoir Shocks - FG front Fenders - 17" Methods -

I almost had an anuerysm one time at a tire shop, the day my truck got outta the paint shop getting painted satin black (the first time) i was getting metal valve stems put in my drag radials andgetting them mounted the jackass grabbed my old DR's outta the bed and drug it over the bed railing and down the side of the bed. shop owner wrote me a check to getthe bed painted again by the time i left. you gotta watch those guys like a hawk man.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

I will be mounting my bead locks my self and just having them balanced to keep this from happening. Sucks to hear, but tire shops don't care. Def go talk to the owner. They are responsible for it if they take the job.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

I've always had good luck with discount...but I do have a friend who works there who is also picky about his truck

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

My brother and his bestfriend(roommate) work there... they weren't ones who did it tho!

Enjoy!

- 5.3 Stock Internals - Cal Speed Stainless LT's - 18" Magnaflow - K&N Drop In - Airaid Intake Tube - Nelson Tune -

Shopping List
    - Cam - 3200 Circle D Stall - 10" King Coilover Shocks - 16" King Reservoir Shocks - FG front Fenders - 17" Methods -

+ Reply to Thread