+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My DDM Experience

My DDM Experience

I've been telling people for years that DDM is garbage and that I've had nothing but problems with them. I am going to try to make a complete list of issues I've had with them in the last two years, finishing with the horrid warranty experience I had with them this week.

1) First set I ever ordered was fine. 5202, 35w, 10000k for my fog lights.

2) Ordered a set of lows and highs. H11, 9005, 55w, 10000k
    This set had a bad ballast and a bad bulb. Warranty needed me to send them in so I put the truck 100% back to stock and sent them in. Three weeks later I get them back. Within the month, another ballast goes out and a bulb starts flickering very badly. I said screw it and bought replacements through Duct_Tape123

3) I ordered a set for the girlfriends car. Dual HI/Low (don't remember bulb number off hand) 6000k. They get here and they are the wrong bulbs. They fit, but they are not dual hi/low. I pulled them and have not finished them yet.

4) I ordered a set for my dad's Polaris Ranger this Jan. They flickered from day one, both inside and outside of the Ranger (I tested them on a separate 12v battery).

5) I ordered a set for my sisters truck, 9005 and H11, 6000k. This was the first set that worked correctly. In two years.

6) In Feb I ordered a set for her boyfriend. Put they come in, installed, and were perfect for 10 days. Then one of the high beams shorts out and melts his headlight housing and the wiring to the headlight. So he has a hole in his headlight housing, a bad bulb, and can't use the headlights on that side. I call DDM on Monday. The supervisor there tells me he will call me back or email me Monday with tracking information and get bulbs to replace these before I send them in. No call Monday. I call back on Tuesday morning and am told that Monday is the busiest day for them and I will get a call back Tuesday for sure. I do, but it is not by the supervisor, it is by someone else. He tells me that he doesn't know the situation, but he will have the supervisor call me. He calls me later that day (after 4-5) and tells me there should be no problem getting this done and that he will get me a tracking number. I didn't receive one. He calls me Weds night at 8:30PM to tell me his manager is telling him to get pictures of the issue. I have made it clear to him that this guy is not mechanically inclined, that he can't see the back of the bulb without taking the truck apart, and that he lives over an hour from me. He says try to get a picture or he can charge me a deposit on the bulbs until they receive theirs back. I tell him no problem, do it. Thursday morning he receives pictures at 10AM clearly showing the issue and does not call. I call him Thursday around 3PM. He tells me that he has received the pictures and all is good. I call this morning to verify that my bulbs have shipped. He tells me there is no way he is sending bulbs before receiving theirs back. He refuses to charge me a deposit on bulbs (I even offered to let him charge me full price until he gets his back) which he will not do. Apparently his business manager says no. He does confirm that the bulb is shorted, melted, and causing problems, but will not do anything to help unless I send his bulbs in first. He would not sell me another set of bulbs and refund my money when his arrived. He would not send his bulbs first. I would spend more money in GAS that hour there and back twice to pull them and put those back in than it costs for a new set of bulbs. I told him that if he told me that up front I wouldn't have bothered waiting a week and putting my friend through all this trouble and all he could muster was a SORRY. He looked up my account and saw that I had spent over 300$ with them in the last two months, and over 500$ total and could not make a single effort to help.

This will be my last experience with them. I know everyone is going to say they have had no problems, but I can't be the only person getting jacked around THIS MANY TIMES.
    Last edited by pl4yboy; 03-23-2012 at 12:56 PM.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

That sux for sure. Have you sourced any other companies to purchase from. I am needing some fogs and dont feel like dealing with a company that dicks their repeat customers over. Enough people start not buying from the dead beat companies us little people could make difference. Kinda like Mic and Jon's issues with Moser If they dont stand behind it move on to the next one. Thanks for the big picture on them. I haven't had any issue but will be ordering else where next time.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Quote Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK View Post
    That sux for sure. Have you sourced any other companies to purchase from. I am needing some fogs and dont feel like dealing with a company that dicks their repeat customers over. Enough people start not buying from the dead beat companies us little people could make difference. Kinda like Mic and Jon's issues with Moser If they dont stand behind it move on to the next one. Thanks for the big picture on them. I haven't had any issue but will be ordering else where next time.
    Bangbangskeetskeet sells them on here now. IDK who his source is, but I've had no issues with his stuff. After I made these posts and sent them an email containing links, they called me back and offered to send me a set if I put down a 100% deposit. I told them sorry, I'd been dicked around enough and had already ordered a set elsewhere.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

to be honest i have never found a good HID..they are all garbage imo

I started selling them alongside Christian (Duct_Tape123) a couple years ago, maybe 3 years now, when I ordered my first set from him. Have not had any issues with any of the sets I've sold or that I have on the truck. I did replace bulbs in mine once...went from 10k to 12k. But no issues with bulbs not working, ballasts going out quickly or anything of that nature.
    Last edited by bangbangskeetskeet; 03-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

^^^^ what do they run skeet?

Let's not fill up the thread with that. Send me a pm and I'll get you all the info you need.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Damn Justin that blows.
    sorry to hear you're having those issues.
    Im not threadjacking here, but my insight is as follows:
    The only HIDs I've ever used (yeah ok one set LOL) was from MaxCarr
    http://www.maxcarhid.com/
    ive not had ONE single issue in 5 years.
    I do have a bud who sells them, just in case you want to try a different brand.
    Hope you get it resolved and stabilized.
    Sponsored by Taylor Wires!
    Sponsored by PowerMaster!!
    Sponsored by FROZEN BOOST!
    Sponsored by US Speedo!

I got a few of this with no problems yet.

http://www.philipshidkits.com/9005-s...onversion-kit/

to be honest i have never found a good HID..they are all garbage imo

+ Reply to Thread