+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new dd/ new plans for the truck

new dd/ new plans for the truck

well got a 2001 gmc safari for a new dd, grandpa was selling it for like 500 bucks so i bought it. its clean and has low miles so i thought why not. with that being the case its time to take a whole new route with the truck. ive decided im turning it into a complete costume pro touring street truck. ive already talked to my buddy that restores cars and im dropping the truck off there tomorrow to begin work. plan list of what to be done to the truck will consist of

*full build on the 4.8 ( yes im keeping the small motor because i like the idea of huge numbers on small motors)
    * twin turbo kit
    * 6 speed manuel trans
    * complete suspension upgrade
    * body work, shave handles and tub the back
    * built 12 bolt rear end with 411's ( 12 bolt because its going to be tubbed out and im doing all this work anyways so might as well go all out)
    * willwood 4 wheel disc brakes
    * costume interior

im looking to make around 600 to 650 wrhp when all done. this build is probably going to take me a couple years to complete but i think will be bad a** when done.

do you plan on running it at the track? bc most tracks around here wont let you run with shaved door handles

Might want to check out piston's form Wiesco. they now wake a forged. 4.8/5.3 bore psiton.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

nah i dont plan on doing much track use, never really got into it. most the ones around my area got shut down. Thanks SLO TRUCK i did not know that. any info on good parts to use for the engine build would be great. always useful to hear information from people who have person experience with stuff.

ah man, thats crazy cool! I saw a show on HD Theatre, dont remember what the show was called. But 2 custom shops went head to head on a custom Chevy Astro build. They made sweet modvans out of em. Keep us posted!

2008 GMC Sierra
    1998 GMC YUkon 4X4
    2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Heck yea that will be BA!
    2006 extended cab, 6.0 swap, full bolt ons SOLD
    2011 ECSB, 6.2, 6 spd, 3.73, 5" lift, 33" nitto, limo tint, debadged, volant CAI, muffler delete, black bear tune 14.0 @ 98 on the 33'sSOLD
    2007 TBSS AWD, cam, stall, built trans, N2OSOLD
    2006 RCSB cammed LQ9, full exhaust, 3200 stall, 2-4 drop
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    "if i have to explain, you don't get it"

49 Ford F1
    355 chevy / turbo 350 / 12 bolt posi / camaro subframed

gonna be badass,goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack325 View Post
    ah man, thats crazy cool! I saw a show on HD Theatre, dont remember what the show was called. But 2 custom shops went head to head on a custom Chevy Astro build. They made sweet modvans out of em. Keep us posted!
    I think it was this one: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/ultimate-car-build-off/ Lou Santiago from Musclecar is a co-host.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

When did they start putting a 4.8 in the Astro/Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by ccreddell View Post
    When did they start putting a 4.8 in the Astro/Safari?

The date... look at it...

To answer your question, he is building his NNBS (07-11) TRUCK, not the van which he picked up to use as a daily driver. To answer your other question, to my knowledge the Astro/Safari has always come with a 4.3, but the Express/Savana has had about every LS motor combination at some point (4.3,4.8,5.3,6.0,8.1, and even a D-Max I believe).
    2001 GMC Sierra SL ECSB - Project
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB - Sold

+ Reply to Thread