+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GSX-R had enough

Ok, I was coming home today and had to get to the little womans job to pick her up when I came up on a sportbike doing bout 60-65. There's traffic coming (2 lane) so I'm waiting to pass all the time talking on the phone w/ my bro. I guess the guy on the bike thought I was too close so he decides to open her up. I seen him starting to pull away so I told myself what the hell and nailed it. It was cool cause I slowed his pull down a little and was keeping up w/ him as we went up and over the river bridge at about 120 then he started getting out of it as we came up on a sweeping right hander ( wooded area, must of been afraid of nailing a deer or raccoon or something ).As we came out of the turn I seen him motion for me to go round so I nailed it once more as traffic was coming and flew past him and gave hime a . About a mile later was the little womans turn so I pulled in and Guess What !!! The guy worked there too... I got a pretty good look at the bike and it was a fairly new one w/ almost no decals except for GSX-R on the front fairing. Just thought it was cool that I actually kept up w/ one. Oh yeah, and my brother couldn't stop as I was narrating (sp.) the whole time...Zed
    13.920 @ 98.94mph...[/b]

I got news for you, the only reason you may have kept the gixxer in site is either because he let you, or he wasn't a very experienced rider.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nstruckls1.jpg

05 Joe Gibbs RCSB 5 gear
    99 Vette / 6 gear
    02 Honda Goldwing
    00 Hayabusa

Yah i'm sorry to break it to ya buddy if that guy would have been hell bent to putting some space between you, that gixxer would have been gone. a buddy of mine let me ride his 04' 1000 and i got the chance to drag race a new camaro the camaro put up a valiant effort but its pretty damn hard to hang with a vehicle that can do 0-60 in 2.8 bone stock. 170 horses bolted to 400 pounds of metal, you do the math

If it is a 600 and lower a modded Fbody will hang.

Yeah the guy wasn't hell bent on leaving me cause he never downshifted and opened it up all he did was romp down on the throttle a little and that was only for about a mile and a half or so, then he slowed back down. I've actually test rode a buddy's CBR600 so yeah I know what they can do. I was just stating that the guy prolly thought "Hell a truck, this will be easy..." and it wasn't so easy as he thought...Zed
    13.920 @ 98.94mph...[/b]

Anyone race one of those Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10Rs?
    There's a guy around town who just bought one and MAN THAT THING FLYS!! Everytime I see him, he's passing someone. I don't even wanna bother embarrassing myself against him.
    FOR ALL YOUR WHEEL, TIRE, AND ACCESSORY NEEDS
    OR TO GET ME PERSONALLY CALL: 1-615-943-6514

2000 Chevy Silverado 4.8L RCSB: smoked UPD, Flowmaster exhaust, De-screened MAF, Nelson 93 hot tune. Upcoming installs: trans-go shift kit, Eaton posi, billet servo, ported and polished throttle body...Near future: 6.0/4L80E install with 150 wet shot

You never said what size it was , so it's hard to determine, but if it was a 600 (not sure what size they come in) i believe it. Most heavy modded trucks can hang or beat a 600 on the highway, i've done it plenty of times, and they don't get too far ahead on take off either.
    Now a 750 or larger, say goodbye to any chance, lol.

As for bikes, i'll be getting a VMAX soon, talk about a sleeper, that has been my dream bike for ages! Just never got one. That thing will roast any bike from light to light, (well most) and the only thing that you can't pass is a gas station, hahha.
    It looks like a sport - cruiser bike, kind of a mad max bike, real cool and very unsuspecting.

later,

allen

Most of your 600cc class super sport bikes will run between 160 and 170, My son has a 03 1000 Gixxer and it is speed limited at 186 which he has seen several times, my wife has a new SV1000S which has seen 165 on the speedo (not with her driving) and I have a 2000 Hayabusa that I have seen 210 on the speedo. I know that chances are the speedo on my bike may be off some at that speed. I can't see any kind of truck holding with these things if the biker isn't afraid to ride.

05 Joe Gibbs RCSB 5 gear
    99 Vette / 6 gear
    02 Honda Goldwing
    00 Hayabusa

BTW Allen I like the V-Max also, I think they are a good compromise between a cruiser and a crotch rocket

05 Joe Gibbs RCSB 5 gear
    99 Vette / 6 gear
    02 Honda Goldwing
    00 Hayabusa

Originally posted by Ron@Aug 10 2004, 06:34 AM
    I can't see any kind of truck holding with these things if the biker isn't afraid to ride.
    No doubt a 600 bike will make it to 150+mph, a truck just won't, I think I know a few guys who would try though, hahaha.
    I haven't raced one above 135mph or so, I'm sure he would go faster than me, but as far as quicker on the highway, I beat them all the time, but that's because they let ff around 130mph and don't keep going.

How would you compare a Vmax to a busa? Most of them run a very low 10sec here, on occassion a high nine with an air shifter, I think i read Motorcycle magazine or something ran a vmax to 9.89 in the 1/4. I know they are different animals, but man i just can't get over the vmax and it's calm looks and the ability to haul ass!!

later,

allen

+ Reply to Thread