+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stomped it and white smoke came out....

Stomped it and white smoke came out....

Well yesterday i was on the way home with a buddy and stopped to get a couple of spare keys made... A Roush charged f150 pulled up 2006. i asked if if he wanted to race and he laughed at the ole 2005 5.3 with a cai and nelson tune =). we hit it from a 30 punch to around 90 or so and i beat him by a car link =) he said he paid 56000 for the truck back in 06 but still i won which surprised me but the bad part is my buddy was behind me in his truck and he said when i punched it white smoke came out of the tailpipes just a decent size cloud but after that it was good. truck has a 5.3 122000 miles. it seems to be running fine. no leaks. oil was just changed a couple of weeks earlier. mobil 1 synthetic is all it sees with 93 octane gas. what do yall think? should i worry about it?

good kill, i wouldnt worry until i was on the side of the road calling a tow and its length not link.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

excessive fuel maybe?
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

in other words running too rich?

If you were idling a while, could have moisture built up. Most cars I've seen have small puffs come out when they go WOT. My buddy's camaro does it, and he has like 12k miles on it.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

I'd say its rich, check the plugs out if you don't have a wideband.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I have no idea what a wideband is. i just changed the spark plugs to the e3 spark plugs and wish i wouldnt have since i didnt notice any difference. but should i call nelson and get a retune or just leave it be? didnt idle long at all either... maybe 3 minutes waiting for a big gap between the cars to race lol

First off those plugs are junk. Put in NGK TR55's. A wideband monitors air/fuel ratio. Check and make sure it's not a vacuum leak or something causing a rich condition before you call Allen.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 03-13-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    First off those plugs are junk. Put in NGK TR55's. A wideband monitors air/fuel ratio. Check and make sure it's not a vacuum leak or something causing a rich condition before you call Allen.
    I agree about the E-3 plugs,just good advertising. Imo how can they be better when they are a copper plug.

alright man lol ima try some ngks then but idk how to check for a vacuum leak either lol im a newbie. thats y im on this site.

+ Reply to Thread