+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 01?? Lq4 6.0 to 95 4l60e swap

01?? Lq4 6.0 to 95 4l60e swap

lq4.jpglq42.jpgI just Baught a lq4 6.0 out of an 01 silverado. It has iron heads. Checked the vin number of the truck it came out of. And it is a 01 model year. I am putting it in my 95 k1500. Hooking it to the 4l60e in the truck. How can i tell if it has the longer crank. Will this bolt up to my 4l60e. I have been doing a lot of reearch and can not get a clear answer. Some people say yes. some say no. The 4l60e i have was built with the mega monster ss kit from monster transmission. Any expierence any1?

it was attached to a 2wd 4l80e. It has a flat flex plate

6.0l w/ factory iron heads will not bolt up to a LS1 style 4l60e. I assume that is the question you're asking.
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 06-18-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    6.0l w/ factory iron heads will not bolt up to a 4l60e. I assume that is the question you're asking.
    That's strange,my iron headed 6.0 bolted up to my 98 4L60E with a simple slotting of the flexplate holes,AFAIK should be the same for a 95,not sure about the electronicsthough.However,it will NOT work with a 1999+ LS style 4L60E...

Quote Originally Posted by tfi racing View Post
    That's strange,my iron headed 6.0 bolted up to my 98 4L60E with a simple slotting of the flexplate holes,AFAIK should be the same for a 95,not sure about the electronicsthough.However,it will NOT work with a 1999+ LS style 4L60E...
    You are correct, you'd have to use the older style LT1 compatible transmission. Edited post for clarity.

thanks guys. i belive the electronics wont be a problem. THe 4l60e is not a ls style trans. ITs is the early syle one that came in the truck. I will get another trans and mock it up before the
    lq4 goin in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by chriszildjian17 View Post
    thanks guys. i belive the electronics wont be a problem. THe 4l60e is not a ls style trans. ITs is the early syle one that came in the truck. I will get another trans and mock it up before the
    lq4 goin in the truck.
    The new computer will not be able to control the old trans...

If you're getting another transmission, you should go ahead and get the 80e that matches your flexplate. Be cautious, though, the later 80e convertor mates to a dished flex plate with the short crank rather than the flat plate with the long flexplate. Some of the 6L engines have a bolt on extension on the crank rather than an actually longer crank. You should pull the flexplate off the engine and see if you have the removable spacer, it will open up your options if you do have the spacer.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

why wouldn't my old 4l60e work. IT has the 13 pin trans connector. I work at a dealership. We have a tech that did this same swap in his 95 k1500. He used a newer 6.0 but he had no problem with the electronics. shift and drives great.

im not getting a new transmission. My 4l60e is built to handle a lot more power. I am not using this truck for a race truck. this will be a daily driver. basicaly leaving the motor stock.

+ Reply to Thread