+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome and Mac

Google Chrome and Mac

The site acts strange while I am using Google Chrome on my macbook pro. I tried it on windows 7 and it works fine. I am using Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8 and chrome version 12.0.742.122, this is the correct version and not an IP address LOL. It confused me the first time I saw it. Anyway, the issues I have are with the chat box and replying in threads. The chat box appears to be in constant refresh and I get this error when I enter text:
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    When I try to reply, it often just sits there trying to load and doesnt allow me to see a text box. I usually click it a couple of times then it sends me to the advanced reply rather the quick reply text box.

Unrelated to the issue above, under the "darker style" skin, the page number font is black which means it cant be seen against the black background unless you click and highlight it. Just throwing that out there.
    Thanks admin and mods, keep up the good work
    Last edited by cjriojas; 07-14-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

I never have a problem using Safari or Firefox on my MacBook. I tried Google Chrome on my PC at work and absolutely hated it. So I never tried it on my Mac either. See if you have a problem with the site using either of the other 2 main browsers.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

The joy's of being a web developer trying to get a web site to work on all browsers instead of just one. bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet View Post
    I never have a problem using Safari or Firefox on my MacBook. I tried Google Chrome on my PC at work and absolutely hated it. So I never tried it on my Mac either. See if you have a problem with the site using either of the other 2 main browsers.
    X2

i dont have a mac, never cared for them, but i've had google chrome on my pc and hated it.
    in all fairness it was an early version, but still....i havn't messed with it since.
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

I use Opera. I like the features and it's (last I checked) the fastest browser there is.

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet View Post
    Problems only exist on Mac with chrome. Everything is fine on other OS's and browsers I use
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I use Opera. I like the features and it's (last I checked) the fastest browser there is.
    What OS are you using Opera on?

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

Windows 7

Opera was designed as a mobile browser I am always surprised when people use it on their computers.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I just confirmed that the chat box works on Ubuntu's Linux version 10.10 and Google chrome.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz

beginning to think the error is with google. My wifes imac with mac osx version 10.5.8 lets me use the chat with chrome.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz

+ Reply to Thread