+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Fan Question

If I could get my hands on a stock 2005 truck GM fan/should and harness. What do I need to do to encorpate it into my 2004 harness and PCM. I have HP tuners. Let me know if anyone has done this and if you have any pics or links.

Thanks

Tom
    My Toys:

you need the fans and radiator to make it work(unless your truck already has a 34" radiator). all you will need to make it work with your 04 pcm is to buy one of allens wiring harnesses and turn it on on pin # 42.

set it to come on at a certain temp an turn off at a certain temp.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

I have the 34 radiator. I just need the harness I guess, whats the price of the harness and what is all included?

Tom
    My Toys:

I would order the harness from Nelson Performance. It will probably be cheaper than the factory harness and more appropriate for the application. I'm pretty sure the factory harness utilizes two pcm pins instead of one.
    No more trucks, but this is what I used to have. 2000 GMC Sierra, 6.0L-LQ4, Built 4L60, LS6 Cam, The Other Guys Headers, 3 inch exhaust and 7 chamber flowmaster, 43lb injectors, Nelson Tuning, Drop - 3/4 McGaughys Spindles, Bell Tech Shackles & Hangers. Best time 13.59 @ 106

Originally posted by BlackWS6LS1@Jul 9 2005, 10:46 PM
    I have the 34 radiator. I just need the harness I guess, whats the price of the harness and what is all included?

Tom
    did you get everything squared away with a harness...
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Well I actually added a few parts to the Trans Am instead. So the GMC will have to wait until next month or so.
    My Toys:

I just ordered my 2005 fans from G&R on Ebay for 199 shipped to the house. You know they must be stolen!
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

i payed $180 for mine when i bought them....thats a good price..
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

He had them listed for 175 + 24 shipping. Not bad. If someone wants some be sure to email him and ask to do a buy it now just for you. He can either sell them to you offline or through ebay. He relists them every day after an auction ends.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Can you PM me more details of the places you bought the fans from?

thanks
    Tom
    My Toys:

+ Reply to Thread