+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PAGING ALLEN NELSON

Allen, pls read ur e-mails and/or return calls...I've been trying to reach u since fri! My truck is sitting idle due to an ommission u made programming my new tranny, and its costing me $50 a day to rent a car...pls let me know when I can expect an update!
    2004 Avv, Forged 370/MP122/4L80E, Dynatech LT's, 305/50/20's, Eibach sways...breakin it in!

just be a little paitent, these guys get so backed up with trying to help us...rest asure he will get back to you.

05 RC, LME 6.0, 243 Heads, LSA Rods, 11:25 Forged Pistons, Cam Motion Custom Grind, 4:10, Eaton LSD, Narrowed Rear-end w/ Chromoly Axles, Pacesetters LT's, SLP Loudmouth II Mufflers, Volant CAI, Yank SSTB3600, Bosch 42 lbs inj's, G-Force Tune, FLT Level 4 Trany, Belltech 2/4, Times: ?
    Facebook

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DHPRO &#064; May 21 2007, 04&#58;33 PM) [snapback]94217[/snapback]</div>
    Allen, pls read ur e-mails and/or return calls...I&#39;ve been trying to reach u since fri&#33; My truck is sitting idle due to an ommission u made programming my new tranny, and its costing me &#036;50 a day to rent a car...pls let me know when I can expect an update&#33;
    [/b]
    Unfortunately sometimes to get the best you have to wait a little.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zeake &#064; May 21 2007, 05&#58;34 PM) [snapback]94234[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately sometimes to get the best you have to wait a little.
    [/b]
    I originally sent the PCM back in March for an update with VERY SPECIFIC needs...they never replied to my emails or phone calls and when I finally reached Johnathon 2 weeks later they had misplaced/lost my PCM. They eventually found it and I got it back about 1 month after the original request...as I was just getting ready to begin the install, I was happy just to have it with a few weeks to spare...now as the build has dragged on longer than I&#39;d hope and I&#39;m finally ready to drive, I find that the tune wasn&#39;t completed as I&#39;d specced and the tranny won&#39;t function as a result...OK...so I call and e-mail hoping that they&#39;ll overnite me an update to save me the &#036;50 a day I&#39;m spending to rent in the meantime...or at least let me know when I canm expect it. Instead, no e-mails, or phone calls returned after 4 days...I&#39;m obviously frustrated, and fast losing patience with Nelson...their errors are compounding, they seem to care less, and they&#39;re getting sloppy. The best aren&#39;t sloppy, and they don&#39;t ignore a customer they have made an error with. R/
    2004 Avv, Forged 370/MP122/4L80E, Dynatech LT&#39;s, 305/50/20&#39;s, Eibach sways...breakin it in&#33;

91_bowtie Guest
    This is EXACTLY why I suggested on pt.net that you find a local tuner. I understand the demands of owning your own business, and trying to get things off the ground... been there, done that. I&#39;ve seen the volume of emails that he gets on a daily basis, and I know how log it takes to reply to all of them. That is not an excuse, in my opinion. When I started my project, over a year ago, I drove my tahoe down to San Antonio, to have "the best" work on it. They treated me like an old friend, and I felt good about things when I left. That all changed as soon as I got back home. In my most recent attempt, I sent multiple emails and left a few voicemails, which went unanswered. I finally gave up and purchased EFILive so I could work with another tuner (who is twice as far away as NP is) and I&#39;ve gotten superb customer service from them since day one. He actually helped me solve my problem before I even heard back from NP. That includes waiting 2 weeks without a response, purchasing EFILive, waiting for it to arrive at my house, logging my truck, emailing the log to the new tuner, tweaking the tune,logging it again, more tweaking, more logging, etc... I finally got a response from Allen, well over 30 days after my first attempt at contacting them. That is unacceptable, plain and simple. I know this board is full of locals, who probably get treated like I did when I made the 11 hour trip to SA, but I hate it when anyone makes a comment about the poor communication, and they get slammed by all of the NP followers feeding them lines about "the best," being patient, etc. Just keep in mind that the people in the rest of the country are not getting the same treatment that you guys do.

Got the local tuner, but at this late hr its gonna take time to get on the schedule...shuda gone that route from the start but thot the Nelson wud at least get me going as a baseline and afford me some time to find the right tuner...as usual this industry is a nitemare...Nelson is only the latest in a long line of poor operators IMO...this is why u shud always do the work urself - I can&#39;t wait for the next recession when all these guys who forgot they are a service provider will find out the hard way. R/
    2004 Avv, Forged 370/MP122/4L80E, Dynatech LT&#39;s, 305/50/20&#39;s, Eibach sways...breakin it in&#33;

Allen actually wants to charge me for OVERNITE shipping&#33;&#33;&#33; I guess I cud send him my 5 day rental charges in trade&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Nelson came thru with my tune finally and the truck is up and running&#33; They were good enuf to absorb the O/N charges as well. R/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DHPRO &#064; May 23 2007, 04&#58;49 PM) [snapback]94462[/snapback]</div>
    Nelson came thru with my tune finally and the truck is up and running&#33; They were good enuf to absorb the O/N charges as well. R/
    [/b]
    I hate to mention this but. When you drive a high powered truck or car. You have got to have a spare or back up. I do.
    My mechanic is always telling me to make sure I keep a spare. So I don&#39;t borrow his.
    Also. Nelson is kool try talking to him. Sounds like you may have done so already.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zeake &#064; May 23 2007, 06&#58;10 PM) [snapback]94469[/snapback]</div>
    I hate to mention this but. When you drive a high powered truck or car. You have got to have a spare or back up. I do.
    My mechanic is always telling me to make sure I keep a spare. So I don&#39;t borrow his.
    Also. Nelson is kool try talking to him. Sounds like you may have done so already.
    [/b]
    Thnx...my spare was the one I was having retuned&#33; So, now I have 3 and I&#39;ll keep the third as the spare for the new setup. Allen is a great guy, I have spoken to him at length in the past, however that wasn&#39;t the issue...I simply needed him to correct his mistake - its been done and now I just wanna drive my new sled and forget about this and all the other frustrating days that led up to this. R/

+ Reply to Thread