+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time to dyno / numbers need help

I finally made it to the dyno for the 1st time with LQ4. The numbers are 298 RWHP, 316 RWTQ. Engine has custom cam, 218 .576 114+2, Milled heads .030, 041 gasket, 10.0 to 1 comp. Corsa Cat back and Nelson tune. What do you guys think? Does it look like I need Headers and Heads so upper horse power doesn't fall like a rock. Are these numbers good for what I have? Need some help please! Will have to try and get in touch with Allen also! I think timing and A/F could be upped a little, then recheck again. The only good thing was that awesome chevy Corsa sound pulling on the dyno. Sound clip next time!

Those results aren't that bad, it depends on the dyno as well.

Get the exhaust flowing and I bet HP pulls to 6K.

The timing is fine, unless the intake air temp was hot. Timing should be at 30degs under good conditions.
    You couldn't ask for a better a/f ratio, even it you had a local dyno tune, it's dead on!!

Thanks for the update,
    allen

I noticed a HUGE difference when I got headers on.

Headers combined with a good cold air intake should help a bunch. The faster you move that air through the engine, the better.

If you don't have headers it's like sipping a milkshake through a coffee straw. That may be an exaggeration, but you get the idea...

I disconnected the the mass air flow on the last run and the rich condition hurt me on the low end but helped me on the high end. Wanted to see if the engine was lean up top. Now i'm just waiting for Allen to call so I can go over things and see if he has some more pcm help before I install headers and heads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TahoeSS &#064; Jan 9 2007, 05&#58;55 PM) [snapback]78946[/snapback]</div>
    Now i&#39;m just waiting for Allen to call so I can go over things and see if he has some more pcm help before I install heads and cam.
    [/b]
    I assume you meant headers...

Most of the guys go with the Pacesetter Long Tube headers, FYI.

Some guys that have to do everything different go with Thorley&#39;s or some other brand...

Just don&#39;t go with shorties. You can get the Pacesetters from Texas Speed or from TRT Performance in Arlington.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DamnYankee &#064; Jan 9 2007, 07&#58;12 PM) [snapback]78976[/snapback]</div>
    Some guys that have to do everything different go with Thorley&#39;s or some other brand...
    [/b]
    Gone, but not forgotten!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; Jan 9 2007, 08&#58;12 PM) [snapback]79004[/snapback]</div>

[/b]
    ...self included...

+ Reply to Thread