+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM Tuning

GM Tuning

Anyone else heard anything about this or know anything more about it?

Heads up to GM tuners

2007 GMC Sierra SLT CC 4x4, Vmax 6.0 with 3.73's.

Very interesting stuff.....sounds like microsoft trying to control 3rd party software....
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

If the S/W is encrypted in hexi decimal like most encryptions it can be hacked. You know how many coders would love to jump on the band wagon and make some quick cash? I can see everyone from GM to the end user making money off of this if it's actually true. This could be similar to satellite pirating.

97 GMC, 2002 LS6.

1991 GMC Syclone #1428

Could you imagine the expense GM would have to go through in court proving that the software had been changed knowingly by the current owner of the vehicle/PCM? Its cheaper for them to just fix whats wrong than to blame the customer for making changes.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Dae ja' vue , maybe they can work out how to by pass it ?
    Sux don't it .
    Tuners will be put out of business , back to chips .
    Last edited by Chevy366; 03-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Now what is a tune again?

Comp Cam 54-412-11 , Int:265, 212, .522 , Exh: 271, 218, .529 , LSA 114 , Longtube , CAI (Vararam) , TransGo HD2 shift kit , tuned by me with EFILive

I could be the reason for this....as much as GM spent on my truck fixing it...i could of had another truck.No really...its stock!
    LMAO
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

Explained : It stores 10 'unique' flashes.
    So, lets say you reflashed the stock tune in 10 times, it just still stores 1 history entry of that tune. Once you change something and the CVN changes (which it must) then it will log that as a new number to store.
    So, it will ONLY add to the list of 10 if what you are flashing in is different to a previously programmed tune. On the TechII you can see the history of 10 'unique' flashes, not the 'last' 10 flashes.

Dang CRC , GM's CVN .
    For further explanation see CRC : cyclic redundancy check (CRC) , oooh I learned some new words .
    Last edited by Chevy366; 03-07-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    Now what is a tune again?

Comp Cam 54-412-11 , Int:265, 212, .522 , Exh: 271, 218, .529 , LSA 114 , Longtube , CAI (Vararam) , TransGo HD2 shift kit , tuned by me with EFILive

Botulinum toxin injections are widely used for both cosmetic and medical purposes. In the cosmetic realm, they help reduce the appearance of wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the underlying muscles. This results in a smoother, more youthful appearance. Medically, botulinum toxin injections are utilized to treat various conditions, including chronic migraines, excessive sweating, and certain muscle disorders. The procedure is minimally invasive and generally has a quick recovery time. Patients often see noticeable results within a few days, making botulinum toxin injections a popular choice for those seeking both aesthetic and therapeutic benefits.

+ Reply to Thread