+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4l80 swap what yoke?

bump

Get me a measurement from the flat spot on your rear end yolk where your straps bolt to it, to the very back of the tail housing (measurement #1) next measure the driveshaft from the center of the u joint cap on one end to the center of the u joint cap on the other end. (Measurement #2) . If you can get me these 2 measurements I can figure what yolk you would need and if any driveline modification will have to be done.

all right ill do that tomorrow

didnt get a measurement couldnt find a damn measuring tape in my buddies garage. This what my 4l80 yoke looks like. I had a guy tell me i could just use the same yoke.
    WP_20130930_029.jpg
    WP_20130930_030.jpg
    WP_20130930_027.jpg

I can't help you without a measurement. The yolk you have bolts on to your output shaft and and will not have any in and out play once you bolt it down. In order to use that yolk you would have to put a male spline in your shaft and a slip yolk so the driveshaft would have some in and out travel. This pic below is what you would have to do to use your yolk. . You need a yolk like the one on the right in the next picture . Its sealed on the end and will fit on the end of your current driveshaft and it will slip in and out of the tailhousing since it will not be bolted to the output shaft. I can't tell you if it will need to be shortened without you giving me a measurement.

ill get measurements asap. been super busy with work and port and polish. The one thing i cant seem to find in this garage is a tape measure. I guess im gonna have to go buy one.

+ Reply to Thread