+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED's for dash lights

LED's for dash lights

Does anyone know where to get the correct dash bulbs to convert a 00 dash to led's without having to solder and do resistors. I'm not what you would call, an intelligent man. HAHA I do not have time for all that mess.

I just done mine, all of the dummy lights IE cruze, ABS, break, ext are the ones you would have to do that with, the lights that run off the dimmer just twist off, u have a bulb mounted in a plastic cap, I mounted 194 LEDs in them, takes a lil work to get them out but not bad, there's 6 of them. You will see how the old ones are mounted when you get them out of the plastic and install the LEDs the same way. There not made to come apart so don't get to rough taking them out, I used a pair of pliers to hold it and just wiggled the bulb till they came out.

I did mine and had no problem pulling them out of the sockets? They are bulbs that are made to be replaced so I'm pretty sure they are made to come out also I used a sheet of roscolux to make the PRNDL the same color as the rest of the LED's I got all my bulbs from superbrightLEDS.com

Mine was soldered to the lil tabs that conduct power of the cluster. Not sure how mine would be diff I need to check in to that I guess

Thanks guys, i figured there was stuff out there but wasn't sure where to look with all the ebay crap out there these days.
    Hey conekiller, on that Roscolux. is that just a cellophane like material or something? I mean, im going bolue with mine but i didnt think about the Gear screen.

Roscolux is used for theater stage lighting so it's just a heat resistant light filter it's cheap and they will give you plenty to do other parts of your dash as well also at superbrightleds.com they have a conversion chart just plug in your year make and model and they will give you the correct bulb type, also if your still nervous e someone made a 20 minute video on YouTube how to do this (about 15 minutes too long)
    http://youtu.be/-QJFY7Mxfoo

Dude no joke. it was like the Blair Witch project of how-to videos. I kept getting see sick when he was pickiing up and setting down the camera haha. Thanks for the link though.

+ Reply to Thread