+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cruise and speedometer wiring

cruise and speedometer wiring

Is it possible to use 2 vss (one for old speedometer and one for new pcm) and thus not have to cut and splice the wires in my drac box? I really don't want to have to splice those. The truck is a 1994... so the buffer gets the vss signal and conditions it and then it goes from there to the speedometer from what I understand. That being said, it looks like to me that as long as the buffer has a vss input then my cruise and speedometer will still work properly. Then all I have to do is get the second vss going to my 2002 pcm and it will work. Correct?!

Check out my thread on the last page...the last 2 posts tell you how I did mine using both VSS wires
    Silverado Z71 10" Lift COMPLETE 6.0/4L80E PRC 2.5 Ported LS6 Heads 228r Comp Cam 3200 CIRCLE D Stall LS7 Lifters ARP Bolts SLP Oil Pump and Double Timing Chain 160 T-Stat 3" SLP Loudmouth Electric Cutout Walbro 255 Pacesetter Longtubes MSD Starter NELSON Harmess NELSON Street/Strip Tuned ECM MSD Wires LS1 Throttle Body Braided Lines Spectre CAI 4.56 Gears Detroit Locker 14 bolt http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...wap-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by HPICamaroSS View Post
    Check out my thread on the last page...the last 2 posts tell you how I did mine using both VSS wires
    Thanks! Will do!

Checked it out and it sounds like it will work... but the brake light?! Im thinkin of just letting my drac box control my speedo unless I HAVE to have the wire from the ls computer to make it work. That way all I have is a vss going to the ls pcm. And I have a vss going to the 94 buffer which controls brakes and speedo and cruise. I wonder if it'll work without the pcm...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman View Post
    Checked it out and it sounds like it will work... but the brake light?! Im thinkin of just letting my drac box control my speedo unless I HAVE to have the wire from the ls computer to make it work. That way all I have is a vss going to the ls pcm. And I have a vss going to the 94 buffer which controls brakes and speedo and cruise. I wonder if it'll work without the pcm...
    Let me know how it works
    Silverado Z71 10" Lift COMPLETE 6.0/4L80E PRC 2.5 Ported LS6 Heads 228r Comp Cam 3200 CIRCLE D Stall LS7 Lifters ARP Bolts SLP Oil Pump and Double Timing Chain 160 T-Stat 3" SLP Loudmouth Electric Cutout Walbro 255 Pacesetter Longtubes MSD Starter NELSON Harmess NELSON Street/Strip Tuned ECM MSD Wires LS1 Throttle Body Braided Lines Spectre CAI 4.56 Gears Detroit Locker 14 bolt http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...wap-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by HPICamaroSS View Post
    Let me know how it works
    I got my new pcm and the speedometer works like a champ with 2 vss. I just used the drac box to control speedometer and cruise. The other vss just tells the new pcm to do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman View Post
    I got my new pcm and the speedometer works like a champ with 2 vss. I just used the drac box to control speedometer and cruise. The other vss just tells the new pcm to do its thing.
    Could you provide some more details on what connections you made, and what wires?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Could you provide some more details on what connections you made, and what wires?
    All i did was take the vss inputs for the new pcm and spliced them inline with the old vss for the truck. The purple and green wires. They are twisted together and the obs one was sheilded. The reason i did this was because my vss for the new pcm was otiginally set up for 2wd and i have a 4wd truck.. so the obs one was long enough and the new one was too short to reach so i just spliced them. However i cant speak for my cruise control because it was a hit and miss thing before the swap. Sometimes it would work fine and other times it would cut off. I thonk my control board is fried or something. Sorry i didnt get back to you any sooner than i did. Ive been really busy and havent been on here in a while.

I'm in nor hurry, so thanks for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread