+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1994 2WD 1500 swap, motor and transmission in, few questions

1994 2WD 1500 swap, motor and transmission in, few questions

I have my motor and trans in, engine is a 5.3 from a 2005 avalanche and the trans from a 03 2 wheel drive. My first problem is the front of the engine is sitting too high, my truck was a 4.3, I bought some mounts from dirty dingo, they said when I bought the mounts all I had to do was swap the sides and they would line up, I still have the stock 4.3 lower mounts in place, I do not feel like taking it all apart to install V8 mounts, they lined up very easy. I re used the transmission mount from my 94 model transmission since the used trans I got did not have a mount on it.

My second problem is that the stock manifold is hitting the driver side rear upper control arm, does anyone know if manifolds from any other year will fit?? I prefer to use stock ones because they are free and I am trying to keep costs down to a minimum

Any ideas or suggestions, my nelson harness and comp is shipping out tomorrow, just trying to get as much as I can lined out before it arrives.

I don't believe there is any height adjustment in the mounts, and I think the concensus is that the best way to do a swap into a 4.3 truck is to relocate the mounts to the V8 location. This will probably solve both of your problems, as it will allow you to locate the engine correctly. Not the answer you want, but thats what I've seen works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    I don't believe there is any height adjustment in the mounts, and I think the concensus is that the best way to do a swap into a 4.3 truck is to relocate the mounts to the V8 location. This will probably solve both of your problems, as it will allow you to locate the engine correctly. Not the answer you want, but thats what I've seen works.
    I know the V8 mounts would be the best way to tackle it, I'll call dirty dingo in the morning and see what they say, what is the norm as far as spacing between the oil pan and crossmember. I can always remove the mounts I have and redrill new holes in them, there is plenty of room on them for that.

The next biggie for me is the clearance on the manifolds

Quote Originally Posted by 1991SSP View Post
    The next biggie for me is the clearance on the manifolds
    Thats why I say the bandaid fix is not the way to go. If you just move the stuff to where its supposed to be I think your life gets easier.

+ Reply to Thread