+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the 95 ls conversion is almost complete

the 95 ls conversion is almost complete

well the back story. bought this 95 chevy k1500 when i was in HS with 40k miles. the original motor and tranny lasted up until 2011 when the motor spun a crank bearing. keep in mind that was at 275,000 miles. at that time i had a 383 built to 410 hp and the tranny built to keep up with it. i installed a motorvation 4 barrel throttle body to keep up with the fueling needs. 6 months of trying and we never could get it to run right. no low end, detonation issues, only could get feet for milage. it was was a huge pain in the butt. yanked the motor and dumped it in an 87 k2500 with a carb on top and it runs STRONG in that pickup. called a local salvage yard and picked up an 02 yukon denali xl which was a DBW. had it since march but just couldnt get enough time to work on it. it was a busy spring farming.
    well with the help of everyone on this forum i got the parts rounded up and and some tough questions answered. so here it is 2012-06-06_15-33-59_784.jpg2012-06-06_15-34-12_739.jpg2012-06-06_10-51-56_710.jpg2012-06-06_13-48-30_397.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]7306[/ATTAC
    Attached Images
    Last edited by luckyjones; 06-12-2012 at 07:55 AM.

i have a video of the second time the motor started and ran but am unable to get it uploaded.
    it started, ran and idled the first time i hit the key but when i shut the key off the motor just kept on purring along. turns out i hooked up a wire on the nelson harness to a constant power instead of a switched power. got that fixed now. only have the tach and speedo wires to hook up yet along with finding some electric fans. i do have an issue right now which has to be a ground situation. the blinkers blink fast along with the flashers. i have grounds going from frame to motor to body. the nelson harness is grounded to the body because the ground lead was too short to reach a good motor ground point. i have all the original grounds grounded to a central spot on the body. is there a chance i need to split them up? or what suggestions do you have?

+ Reply to Thread