+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hd hood for 03 gmc

hd hood for 03 gmc

Id like to buy/trade for a Chevrolet hd hood that's been cut to fit a gmc.

casey23 Guest
    I got a BIG HD hood u can cut up to work with.... nothing already done....

How much? I have no experience with body work. Hoping to find one already done.

casey23 Guest
    i never seen one done.. or one listed for sale.. but its cool idea... but you would have the main part.. they could use this HD and the one thats already on your truck to build it i guess

youll need a 99-02 chevy hd hood.and trim to fit the curves above the headlights....weld and smooth out and done!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    youll need a 99-02 chevy hd hood.and trim to fit the curves above the headlights....weld and smooth out and done!
    Yeah I know that, I was hoping to find one that someone had already done that would be willing to sale/trade

I think only the 01-02 hd hoods are the big bull nose ones, pre 01's were a standard hood on the 2500 and 1500 trucks.. There is a guy on pt that has one for sale but he is located in Cali.. It is a good bit of work to do it, is not just a cut the light opening job, be done.. The HD hood I did for my bucket

JOHN

If you can find a good straight 99-02 HD hood you could have a body shop make it to fit the GMC headlights. Most people who have one dont normally look to sell them because of the time that goes into making them look good.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc View Post
    I think only the 01-02 hd hoods are the big bull nose ones, pre 01's were a standard hood on the 2500 and 1500 trucks.. There is a guy on pt that has one for sale but he is located in Cali.. It is a good bit of work to do it, is not just a cut the light opening job, be done.. The HD hood I did for my bucket

you wouldnt want to sell yours would you? lol

and do you have a link to the one thats for sale on pt.net? i cant find it. :/
    Last edited by jakedewey; 11-22-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/madney89/jake_sig.jpg

5.3 FBO, 224/230, 3200 circle d, 4.11s
    13.3 @ 102mph

Na man sure don't. It took me forever to even find one that was in decent shape that they didn't want a arm and leg for. I got this one for 200 buks, so I didn't feel to bad about hacking into it.. Here is the link
    http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-chevy-492216/
    JOHN

+ Reply to Thread