+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket Alpine Head Unit with Bose system

Aftermarket Alpine Head Unit with Bose system

I just bought an 04 crew cab and it's got the bose system in it. The CD player wont eject CD's and Id like to replace it. I have an Alpine head unit (unsure of model number atm but I think it is a CDA-9856) that I'd like to install so that I can hook my Iphone up to it. I have previously owned an 04, and used this Alpine unit and my door dinger didnt work. Also, some guy at best buy told me that I risked my air bags deploying because I was not using the correct harness.... well I never had the airbag deploy in my face. My question with this truck is, since it has the bose system, is there anything I need to be aware of when swapping these out. Do I need a special harness or anything? I am not changing any speakers or adding subs. I want it stock with a different head unit. Just want to know before I get into this, because I have had some problems before with my mustangs and the MAch 460 stereos bc they use multiple amps etc. and had a lot of problems with popping noises during power up.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by jwyoungblood; 11-19-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    2004 Crew Cab Silverado 4X4- slow with running boards & camper shell.
    2000 S-10-daily. Slow
    2001 Bullitt- sold, too slow
    2000 GT w/ full bolt-ons- sold and bought a house...
    "It's like you think you need to be sneaky and people actually care. Even if it goes out there and runs 9's, you're still a douchebag."
    STL's SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST 2V #1 SPOT HOLDER.

for everything to work you will need a bose interface, never heard of air bags going off?
    procharger p1sc, nelson tune, 42# marine injectors, walbro 255, lt's, ory, 4" volant cat back, PerformaBuilt level 2 pro race trans, trans. cooler with e fan, 2500 stall, aem wideband, energy bushings, spohn perf. trailing and panhard rods, mb & gear alloy 22's ( ya 2 sets, im big ballin), ss brake lines, drilled & slotted rotors, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla,
    and ya it will beat a hemi.

They never did, I think the guy was trying to con me in to buying the $100 harness. So if I dont use the bose interface, willl it not work at all? I dont care if the door dinger doesnt work as long as the stero and everything else works properly.
    2004 Crew Cab Silverado 4X4- slow with running boards & camper shell.
    2000 S-10-daily. Slow
    2001 Bullitt- sold, too slow
    2000 GT w/ full bolt-ons- sold and bought a house...
    "It's like you think you need to be sneaky and people actually care. Even if it goes out there and runs 9's, you're still a douchebag."
    STL's SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST 2V #1 SPOT HOLDER.

You will need the harness/interface for the bose amplifier to work.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    You will need the harness/interface for the bose amplifier to work.
    Or you could just bypass the bose amp and not worry about it. But that would depend on if it is an RDS (databus hardwired) or not. My 01 was not, so I forwent the harness and lost the door chimes and OnStar, just bypassed the amp.
    Last edited by blade7022; 12-30-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    2001 Tahoe LT Auto-Ride, 5.3 (Soon to be 408 stroker!!!) Newly rebuilt 4L60E!!

Quote Originally Posted by blade7022 View Post
    Or you could just bypass the bose amp and not worry about it. But that would depend on if it is an RDS (databus hardwired) or not. My 01 was not, so I forwent the harness and lost the door chimes and OnStar, just bypassed the amp.
    That would kind of defeat the purpose of having the Bose system. Maybe if he added a cap it would help?

/sarcasm.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    That would kind of defeat the purpose of having the Bose system. Maybe if he added a cap it would help?

/sarcasm.
    Ya it does, suck losing the prossesing. But aftermarket deck, can help restore some of it. The nice part is they are well built speakers and still sound really good if you do bypass the amp.
    2001 Tahoe LT Auto-Ride, 5.3 (Soon to be 408 stroker!!!) Newly rebuilt 4L60E!!

Just bypass it with your own aftermarket equipment. You'll be much happier in the end. That's what i did and i'll never look back.

Here is another little bit of info: there is a harness that is clipped onto the back of the sub-dash directly behind the radio and a/c controls. Disconnect it and plug in your aftermarket harness(70-2001,gmrc-01, etc.), this will bypass the Bose without having to wire anything. This is for 2003-2007classic full-size trucks/SUVs.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

+ Reply to Thread