+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1994 350 tech question

1994 350 tech question

i need to put new head gaskets on a 1994 350 3/4 ton chevy and was wonderin, since it is a 94 and pre-OBDII can i pop a cam in a run it or will i have to get a chip or something made to make the motor run properly?
    2009 CHEVROLET 1500 with a MONSTER 4.8 between the frame rails!!

Tuned by LSX Powersports ~ 4.10 ~ JBA Shorties ~ 4" Inlet/Outlet Spintech ~ Airaid Coldair
    CST 3.5" Spindles ~ Camburg Upper Control Arms ~ 2.5" CCM ~ FFR Tie Rods
    Full Throttle Suspension 3" Lift Blocks ~ Soft 8s wrapped in LT285/70/17 Silent Armors

You can put a cam in it but a tiny one. But you can get chips from jet performance if you want to mess with it not worth it in my opinion best thing ive found to wake up a TBI is crank up the fuel pressure.

yes but how do you do that. a tech friend of mine told me the TBI 454s were real bad about running lean. he's telling me to convert it to carb..... but wont that set check engines lights from hell?
    2009 CHEVROLET 1500 with a MONSTER 4.8 between the frame rails!!

Tuned by LSX Powersports ~ 4.10 ~ JBA Shorties ~ 4" Inlet/Outlet Spintech ~ Airaid Coldair
    CST 3.5" Spindles ~ Camburg Upper Control Arms ~ 2.5" CCM ~ FFR Tie Rods
    Full Throttle Suspension 3" Lift Blocks ~ Soft 8s wrapped in LT285/70/17 Silent Armors

Get an adjustable fpr and put it in the line behind the tb. Do a search on tbi and there is some good info out there.

fullsizechevy.com has a TBI perf section. check that out
    2003 GMC K1500 ECSB running an Iron 383 Stroker ......

You have to get a prom that replaces the one in your current pcm. Give Arizona Speed and Marine a call. There's a guy there, I think his name is Mr. Brown. He will certainly help you out a ton.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

+ Reply to Thread