+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: in need of a battery

in need of a battery

so what kinda batteries are you guys running what is suggested? my 100,000mile ac delco batt is starting to give up the ghost with all the cold weather we are having and i want to replace it with something as good or better.
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

A little obsessive on the price but it sure serves its purpose as a heavy duty battery

http://ebatteriestogo.com/merchant2/...uct_Code=SVR34
    99 Silverado 1500 4x4 RC 4.8
    4L60E, 3.73, Homemade CAI, 92oct Quik tuned,
    08 Tahoe radiator/fans, Dumped exhaust... summed up one loud pig caller |[226K! on odometer|

autozone duralast, just picked up a new one for 75 bucks. Had the same one in there when i bought the truck 3 yrs. ago.
    LS6, 222/224, Yank ss3600, 4.10s, Thorleys, HP tuned

Another ACDelco battery, GM all the way!
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

if you dont mind spending a little, go with an optima. They last forever and aren't affected by vibration or angle (sideways, upsidedown) like a standard battery
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

I have always had good luck with interstate but, I have heard powermaster xs batteries are awesome and thats what I will be getting next.

I buy the advance batteries. Use em, abuse, and return em for a new one when they crap out.

Kind off like the easy bar hoes
    2013 CC 5.3
    81 C10 LS1 project

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed96 View Post
    if you dont mind spending a little, go with an optima. They last forever and aren't affected by vibration or angle (sideways, upsidedown) like a standard battery
    X2, optima, i had the system on for 2 1/2 hours and it still cranked right up

Quote Originally Posted by sierraman View Post
    X2, optima, i had the system on for 2 1/2 hours and it still cranked right up
    X3
    I bought my Optima 3 years ago(in the desert they say you rent batteries not buy them) and I've never had a problem...the truck sat for almost 2 months with the battery out. Didn't even hesitate on the first crank.

My mom bought an interstate at the same time and has gone through 3 batteries since...and she doesn't even have a system.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Well right after I posted this the ol delco started the yukon for the last time it was 20degout and it struggled but fired and I was riding down the interstate and my ses light came on so I stoped by the local autozone to pull the codes and it came up missfire.when I went to leave it wouldn't crank. :/ I replaced it with a duralast gold 1000ca 800cca 8yr warranty. $106. Now at cold idle and light throttlw cruise I have a missfire :/ I guess its fime for new plugs! Any suggestions? Was gona pick up some ac delco plugs while I was there but figured I'd get some suggestions before I buy them.
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

+ Reply to Thread