+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rear seat flip down trick

rear seat flip down trick

not my write got it of silveradoss.com but thought some of you may be interested in this. great for messing with amplifiers

How to modify your rear seat so the back rest can fold down when you want it to and stay up when you want it to......

First Remove the seat, (5 bolts, Lift and remove)

Once the seat is out there is a Y cable hanging off the under side of the back seat, it is secured to the seat by 2 bolts, remove the bolts and remove the Y cable seat lock down.

Locate the two tabs on the back rest part of the seat, (the part you want to fold down)

Take an air tool, jig saw, hack saw,, (how ever you cut steel) and cut the tabs back to the first hole on the tabs. (the first hole is the closest one to the end of the seat tab, about 1.5 inches gets cut off the tab)
    (this tab in the picture has been extended,, you can still see the factory tab where it ends)

Once this is completed you can reinstall the seat with 4 bolts, (2 on each end)....

now when you fold the seat into the upright position, the tabs should unhook themselves and you can pull the whole thing forward. To reconnect the back of the seat. fold the whole assembly up, hold the backrest to the back wall and lower the seat bottom. the tabs will slide back in and hold the seat steady for people to sit on..

WARNING. Do not let people sit on the seat if the rear tabs are not secured, it will break or bend the seat!

Enjoy access to amplifiers, speakers,, or your stash of what you want to put back there!!

04 VHO

That is a neat little trick. I have been planning on doing this in my truck once I get my amps and subs.

Where was this 3 weeks ago! I already had to put my amp and sub on the floor under the back seat lol.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Don't worry I did that to and came across this yesterday. Now my amps are going on the back wall

04 VHO

Could we possibly get pictures on this mod? I want to do this so bad
    2002 4.8, MSD Ignition, 2" Rear Lowering, dual magnaflows, custom cai.

Waiting: Nelson Tune, Lt, 2/4 drop, high flow cats, TSP Custom Grind Cam

Ill try and get some pics up later been real busy with school. Midterms are a pain

04 VHO

Sweet sounds good
    2002 4.8, MSD Ignition, 2" Rear Lowering, dual magnaflows, custom cai.

Waiting: Nelson Tune, Lt, 2/4 drop, high flow cats, TSP Custom Grind Cam

Man thanks I finally had some extra time today and took some pics but I guess you beat me to it

04 VHO

+ Reply to Thread