+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering noise

Steering noise

When i turn left there is no noise, but when i turn to the right i get a wurring noise that seems like it is coming from the steering colume or from the pump, the fluid is full, smells a little burnt. The noise gets worse when i turn the wheel fast. not a clicking noise but kind of a light grinding and it is harder to turn. any ideas. thanks for the help.

same thing just happened to my buddies truck.. was doing that for over 2 years and just got worse and worse. we put a new pump in and we were good to go. autozone has that pump for 60 bucks. get the one with the resevor. the pump by itself i think us 45 or 50. it is worth the 15 bucks to not put get together and the pump leaks between the pump and the resevor. they never seal those damn things!!!

thank you for the help. Is it hard to replace the pump. and is the one thats 60 bucks going to fit a 99 5.3.

Not hard to replace at all. Only a few bolts to take off and unbolt the lines. Just make sure to rent a power steering pulley puller--they pull the pulley off and press it back in within the same tool.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Thanks for all the help. The noise is kind of a moaning noise,does that still sound like a power steering pump problem.

Well, that is the same noise that Devin's mom makes....but I am gunna have to go with the PS pump on this one.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

+ Reply to Thread