+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Track Update with New Yank Converter

Track Update with New Yank Converter

Hey guys, I wanted to make a post and let everyone know how happy I am with my new Yank Converter. It really made a big difference in the truck! Thanks for the help and advice too. At the strip before the converter the truck ran a 15.15 @ 91.4 mph and that was with a 2.33 sixty foot the temps were in the low 50's. With just the converter change today it ran a 14.52 @ 91.8 mph with a 2.05 short time and that was with about 80 degree heat too. It is the Pro Truck 3200 stall and I installed it all myself. As everyone probably already knows Yank makes some great stuff. What do yall think of the time differences? Pretty good improvement huh? I got a pre owned but never installed ASP pulley to put on there too and I want to get my tuner to go back through the truck... he said he would adjust shift points and all that to get the most from the converter. Hopefully with some decent air in the spring and those little differences, maybe the truck will run a 14.4 or 14.3 time. We will see. I am also curious what it would run with some small 26-29 inch stickys and running it in 2wd... That would be nice to be able to get it to run in the high 13's with no internal engine mods... but i dunno if that will be possible... :shake:
    07 Silverado LTZ 4x4 Vortec Max - Yank PT 3200 Stall, AR Headers, Volant Intake, Custom Tune, Vette Servo, Zone 3.5", Gunner 6's and 285 KM2's

68 Chevelle ---> 489 ci Stroked RAT
    Needs Tuning and Suspension...times to come...

very nice!

casey23 Guest
    Great gain !.. most people have no idea just how big a change a stall is

Awesome, I hope knock that much time off with a converter.
    LS6, 222/224, Yank ss3600, 4.10s, Thorleys, HP tuned

thanks guys!
    07 Silverado LTZ 4x4 Vortec Max - Yank PT 3200 Stall, AR Headers, Volant Intake, Custom Tune, Vette Servo, Zone 3.5", Gunner 6's and 285 KM2's

68 Chevelle ---> 489 ci Stroked RAT
    Needs Tuning and Suspension...times to come...

nice reduction!
    2003 SLT Yukon, KMC SS 20's, Nitto 420, Flowmaster exhaust, Eibach 2/3 drop, HID's, AEM CAI , Custom Flames from Godspeed Customs, Corvette servo

Great drop man! Makes me realize how badly I really need to get a converter.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Hows the driveability with that converter? Ive been thinking of doing a converter on my 05 5.3 rcsb but I dont want to lose any towing capacity and all around driveability. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ3GMC View Post
    Hows the driveability with that converter? Ive been thinking of doing a converter on my 05 5.3 rcsb but I dont want to lose any towing capacity and all around driveability. Any suggestions?
    My suggestion is check out Circle D's website or send Chis a Pm.
    2000 Silverado ECSB- 5.3 CAI, Pacesetter LTs, ORY- Pipe, Magnaflow XL, E-fan, Ported T/B , Nelson Tuned, Built 4l60e, Circle D Stall, 3.42s G80, 2-4 Drop, Hertz Highs, Rockford 501s

2004 Buell XB12s

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    "Never give up, NEVER BACK DOWN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet View Post
    Great drop man! Makes me realize how badly I really need to get a converter.
    Same here lol
    6.0LQ4
    4L80-E
    4.56/Detroit Trutrac
    Long Tube Headers
    Cold Air Intake
    OEM E - Fans
    Procharger/Waiting to be installed..

+ Reply to Thread