+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Predator Power Enrichment

Hey all, I have the Predator tuner, and I see it has a power enrichment and spark adjustment. Going by the mods I have in my sig, what do you think is a safe adjustment to make. When I go WOT from a dead stop, right before 3rd is about to shift to 4th I get a CEL. I read it and it says system too lean. I get this also if i cruise at a constant speed on the highway.
    '03 Z-71 Mods: White LED DRL's, Silverstar signal bulbs, Clear Corner Lights, 4200K H.I.D kit, 5000k H.I.D fog lights, color-matched rain guards, UV L.E.D dome, map, and door lights, Billet Bowtie, Eibach Pro-Kit and sway bars, K&N 77-Series Intake, 3" SpinTech Pro Shootout Muffler, FAL Electric Fans, Air-Raid Spacer, VR Velocity Stack, Granatelli MAF, 160 'stat, MSD Wires, TB Coolant Bypass, Dynatech Supermaxx Headers, 24" American Racing RT-S Wheels, and a lot more, not enough room to put it all.

I would try some power enrichment, cause that Granatelli MAF is what is causing the check light.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dited-copy.jpg
    2007 Sierra crew 5.3 4wd, stock for now
    2004 Sierra scsb 5.3 - sold
    02 Z28 SLP cold air pack, Corsa exh, Center Force dual friction + 23 lb flywheel
    66 Chevy C20 (collecting dust)

Really??? How come the Gran. MAF would be causing it??? I'm throwing the code for the pass. side o2 after the cat. Saying system too lean.
    '03 Z-71 Mods: White LED DRL's, Silverstar signal bulbs, Clear Corner Lights, 4200K H.I.D kit, 5000k H.I.D fog lights, color-matched rain guards, UV L.E.D dome, map, and door lights, Billet Bowtie, Eibach Pro-Kit and sway bars, K&N 77-Series Intake, 3" SpinTech Pro Shootout Muffler, FAL Electric Fans, Air-Raid Spacer, VR Velocity Stack, Granatelli MAF, 160 'stat, MSD Wires, TB Coolant Bypass, Dynatech Supermaxx Headers, 24" American Racing RT-S Wheels, and a lot more, not enough room to put it all.

You get a power increase when you put on a bigger MAF which is great, but the pcm knows something is different. The pcm does what it has to do to make the engine run right with more air flow. The block learn feature starts to make small changes to the pcm programing to compensate for the added air flow and if the amount of change is out of its adjustment range you could end up with engine codes as a result.

example
    you have a lean situation because you added air flow. In the oppisite situation if you decreased air flow significantly you could have a rich situation

I dont have a Nelson tune, but from what I hear and what you've done to your truck you need one.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dited-copy.jpg
    2007 Sierra crew 5.3 4wd, stock for now
    2004 Sierra scsb 5.3 - sold
    02 Z28 SLP cold air pack, Corsa exh, Center Force dual friction + 23 lb flywheel
    66 Chevy C20 (collecting dust)

Yea, the Nelson was going to be next on my list. I only started getting the CEL exactly a week after I had the headers installed. I had the Gran. MAF on for about 2-3 months before the headers with no CEL. But yea, the Nelson is next for me.

+ Reply to Thread