+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's the best?

First off i wanna thank everyone for the feedback i got and now, i believe i'm ready to purchase a tuned pcm, but i recently read a article in chevy high performance and they tested both: nelson and pcm for less. They were really about the same, but if i have problems i want someone reliable to help me and which one you guys pick??

2002 Silverado 5.3L auto 3:37 posi
    Volant air intake
    Corsa Exh
    GMS MAF sen
    Hypertech Programmer
    Horsepower and Torque is nothing without Traction

well most everyone on here uses nelson, i have had allens tune for two different trucks for the last two years and i wont use anyone else.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...5831PM-2-1.jpg <--- TimeSlip
    RCSB 5.3 N/A 12.31 full boltons,H/C,4.10s,3800 converter. SOLD
    04 GTO
    Both Tuned By: ME

I&#39;ve only used Allen&#39;s tunes and had 100% success with him. I never have driveability problems or SES lights. I can&#39;t remember that article but I think Allen sent in a mail order tune and the other guy got to tune on site. The on site tune should have been better, but you saw the results. Go will Allen Nelson, you won&#39;t be dissapointed.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

I don&#39;t know how PCM for Less compares to a Nelson Tune quality wise, but I know they are cheaper up front. However, where they get you is on the updates when you need them. Allen offers updates at no additional charge (just shipping) and PCM for Less charges like &#036;50 or &#036;60 for an update. That adds up real quick. As most people can tell you (I think) is that their driving habits or desires for their vehicles do tend to change from time to time after they get their initial tuned PCM.

2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster

have been up to his place many times and fine tune very small issues untill we got them right. hd&#39;s with sts turbos will get the tune he made from all the road tuning we did with my truck .there is quite a few guys that fine tune there rides with him.with all the good info you can get road tuning diffrent rides the better you get tuning rides with diffrent mods....i believe his data base is full by now of nothing but great tunes for any mods you can throw at him....
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

+ Reply to Thread