+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nelson hp

Yes there is a defiante noticeable difference, I just got another 99 PCM retuned for me. One thing I have found, although it may just be on mine, make sure you get your timing tables smoothed out and have a little extra fuel added. I was getting alot of extra ping on my first couple tunes, might have been running a bit lean.

I am switching to the 02 PCM when I get my headers in mid June or July, it is supposed to be able to take more timing and speed the truck up a bit.

Chris
    2009 Silverado, HPTuners, all stock.

It's amazing how much more fuel you have to dump into the engine to offset removing the cats and a free flowing exhaust.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I know man, it took a couple times to get it right, I dont think my problems were so much timing as it was not enough fuel. It's all worked out now though and once this bad boy learns the truck it'll be rockin!

Chris

i got my tune in thr truck in like 20 mins.. and it is def better than my predator tune by far.. the only thing is that allen didnt take out my top speed limiter so im limited to 98 damnit... other than that its awesome also got rid of my false knock codes i got the 93 hot tune
    1999 GMC Sierra black reg cab short bed SLE Z71 5.3 <--CARDOMAIN PICS
    NELSON 93 hot tune, 02 PCM, VOLANT Ram air intake, MSD wires, ACdelco iridium plugs , Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, jegs off-road y pipe, Dynamax int pipe, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust with turndown, EGR removal, throttle body bypass, vette servo, long servo pin, performance 4th apply piston, B&M shift kit, SLP 160* thermostat, LS1 Fans, NELSON harness, ported and polished throttle body (did it myself, for free lol)..... _______? cam is next as soon as i stop spending all my money

I had Allen set mine to 120, I believe thats what the guages go to now and I really dont need to be going any faster than that&#33;

Chris

oh ive been faster than 120
    NELSON 93 hot tune, 02 PCM, VOLANT Ram air intake, MSD wires, ACdelco iridium plugs , Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, jegs off-road y pipe, Dynamax int pipe, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust with turndown, EGR removal, throttle body bypass, vette servo, long servo pin, performance 4th apply piston, B&M shift kit, SLP 160* thermostat, LS1 Fans, NELSON harness, ported and polished throttle body (did it myself, for free lol)..... _______? cam is next as soon as i stop spending all my money

yeah its not a stock 454 either he had a edelbrock intake and cam and lifters and all that good stuff... also took off all the ac and emissions and had flowmasters well a flowmaster they didnt have true dual till 91 i believe

aslo i did this before my nelson tune i had the predator .. now i can only go 98 i need it changed well not really "need" it but want it to go over 100

+ Reply to Thread