+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New look, 56K beware...

Quote Originally Posted by jcormier89 View Post
    i like it...how hard was it to do the tahoe front end?

i think i have that same grill, but on the top it does not line up the way i want it to...did you have any issues with that too?

if you look at the first pic in my sig, you can kinda see it.

looks good man!
    Tahoe front end? Its all silverado front end with the billit grille. And no fitment issues on it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock2007 View Post
    I want a lower valance like that. Where did you get yours?
    I got it used from another member from PT.net.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel View Post
    looks much gooder. tell your neighbor to mow his grass
    are you talking about across the street?
    Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    Yours doesn't fit right because it is an aftermarket piece, probably stull. I replaced the one off of my older Z71 with a Stull piece that looked exactly like yours: no bowtie frame. I got the one I have now off of a wrecked Tahoe that we had at the body shop I used to work at so I got an OEM one for free. If I were to do it again though I would definitely spend the extra money and get an OE piece, they fit and look much better.
    What do you mean by "no bowtie frame"?
    -RJ
    2K2 Silverado
    Who gives a damn any way??
    Black Bear Performance Tuned
    60'-2.485
    1/8-10.324@69.82
    1/4-15.88@89.10

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    Yours doesn't fit right because it is an aftermarket piece, probably stull. I replaced the one off of my older Z71 with a Stull piece that looked exactly like yours: no bowtie frame. I got the one I have now off of a wrecked Tahoe that we had at the body shop I used to work at so I got an OEM one for free. If I were to do it again though I would definitely spend the extra money and get an OE piece, they fit and look much better.
    ah that must be the problem then...hopefully i can find a different grill then.

thanks man

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "no bowtie frame"?[/QUOTE]

what I mean is; if you look at your grille, a part of the grille wraps all the way around the bowtie. if you look at jcomeir's grille it is blank about 3/4 of an inch on either side of the top part of the bowtie. FYI the all chrome grille is from the suburbans and tahoes, it was not an option for silverado's but it was stock for suburban/tahoe. A lot of times when you buy a replacement grille for the Silverado they will give you the all chrome shell. Some aftermarket grilles have the "frame" and others do not. on the OE piece, where the bowtie is inset, the grille wraps completely around the bowtie. on aftermarket ones sometimes it is missing the bottom half of the frame, some they are mising the top, and some are missing both.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

the one i bought was aftermarket and it looks good...its jsut oviously is an aftermarket cause it doesnt fight right...you can see the top where the chrome piece isnt all the way across....

Quote Originally Posted by jcormier89 View Post
    the one i bought was aftermarket and it looks good...its jsut oviously is an aftermarket cause it doesnt fight right...you can see the top where the chrome piece isnt all the way across....
    they do look good, I have always like the all chrome grille. when I had a wreck I bought the aftermarket to replace my OE piece. I wasn't happy with it at all because of that one little detail. other than that I thought the fitment was pretty good. I just don't understand why they made that much gap in between the bowtie and the frames, what bowtie were they using for measurements?
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

i think im just gonna find a tahoe or burban one and switch em otu and sell the aftermarket one...

Thanks everyone on the complements.
    -RJ
    2K2 Silverado
    Who gives a damn any way??
    Black Bear Performance Tuned
    60'-2.485
    1/8-10.324@69.82
    1/4-15.88@89.10

+ Reply to Thread