+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LT1 Swap Questions?

If u guys need anything compiled in Adobe PDF form to make it look more neat, gimme a hollar and I will put it in that form and send it back to ya, include any pictures and I can do that too. It may look better for you guys on the site. E-Mail: bcossette@adelphia.net
    AIM: sbz24it13

Originally posted by br1ev8@May 18 2003, 04:32 PM
    I have done the LT1 and T56 swap in my '89 GMC F/S pickup. So, if anyone has questions regarding this task, PM, email or post here and I try my best to help.
    How are you liking your T56 and what did you use for a shifter?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nstruckls1.jpg

05 Joe Gibbs RCSB 5 gear
    99 Vette / 6 gear
    02 Honda Goldwing
    00 Hayabusa

Originally posted by Ron@Jun 17 2003, 08:58 PM

How are you liking your T56 and what did you use for a shifter?
    The t56 is a great tranny, if you like manual trannies. Ive ran it pretty hard, missing shifts grinding gears ocassionally, and it still shifts smooth as it did when i got it. I also like the fact that with its double overdrive, I can run 4.10's with a cammed motor and still maintain 20mpg on the highway.
    For the shifter, I simply used the stock one, but I extended it about 2 inches and put on a b&m hammerhead handle on it and it feels perfect.
    1989 GMC 1500 f/s stepside reg. cab--4.10's w/Eaton posi--Swapped in LT1--T56 w/SPEC clutch--LT4 Hotcam Kit--Lt4 km--Vented opti conv.--Meziere h2o pump--Taylor over-the-valve-cover wires--K&N CAI--Dynomax coated mid- length headers--True dual Flowmaster 40's no cats--Pcmforless programming

323rwhp/332rwt
    13.5 @ 98 1.9 60' (with old 700r4 and ET Streets)

1998 Z28 A4--stock

Hugger Orange 99 SS Hardtop #756
    485rwhp/440rwtq SAE

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/slmdls1/Signatures/hugger-prostar-sig.jpg

Thumbs up

I am glad I saw This post. i am putting a 94 LT1 in a 1989 Chevy silverado. I am haveing some trouble. Do you have a part number on the headers?? Also what did you do on your AC and Power steering? I put the Motor mount from the old 350 on the LT1 and The seem to work fine but the headers will not fit. I am having the wiring harnesses graphed together so that should make it easier. how did you run the kick down on the 700R?? This will get me started. If you know of anything else I should know please let me know. Like I said this is my first swap like this.

Big Daddy Z

ok, i'm the owner of that truck now, so if bryan isn't here anymore, maybe i can help, just noticed your post now.

i can get you a part # later on the headers, but they are mid legenth dynomax ceramics, for an 89 GMC sierra. they may need to be flowmatched to the heads...

the a/c has been removed, and an a/c delete pully has been installed instead. the frame has to be notched for clearence on the passenger side.

as far as the motor mount, i can't help you there, but i think the tranny kick down was a tab that was welded on the tb .. not sure either, i'll have to look again.

Thumbs up

cool I Am finding out some things. I had Headers Custom Made so that I could use full length. I am trying to get the frame notched now. What fuel lines are used?? Do you know if the computer has to be programed after the swap?? Any help would be great.

Originally posted by djlunchbox@May 9 2004, 11:58 AM
    the a/c has been removed, and an a/c delete pully has been installed instead. the frame has to be notched for clearence on the passenger side.

any pics or how much of the frame needs to be notched, this is a first for me.

ive been told the frame notch is 2"x10"

I am planning on swaping in an LT1 or LS1 with a T56. My truck currently is a 95 5.7L 350 with the 4 speed auto. My biggest question is where will the shifter come out of the floor. I know in the F-bodies half of the engine is set way back under the dash. In a truck it can only be set back so far so when you bolt up the tranny wont it be too far forward or no?

-Mike

+ Reply to Thread