+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Putting a BL on a Ranger

Putting a BL on a Ranger

Anyone got any helpful hints about installing Body lifts? This will be the first one i've done.
    John
    Four by Four to the floor.

Before you install the body lift, Spray pB Blaster at the bolts on the truck like 2 days before you do it. Do it both days though. Youll thank yourself later
    2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

yeah. mine came right out but i can see doin that. power wash under it too. i hated all the dirt and crap fallin in my face when i did mine. take you time. do it right. and jus follow the instrustions. they'll get it done right every time.

i still have to screw with my front bumper. it's WAY too high.
    2009 CHEVROLET 1500 with a MONSTER 4.8 between the frame rails!!

Tuned by LSX Powersports ~ 4.10 ~ JBA Shorties ~ 4" Inlet/Outlet Spintech ~ Airaid Coldair
    CST 3.5" Spindles ~ Camburg Upper Control Arms ~ 2.5" CCM ~ FFR Tie Rods
    Full Throttle Suspension 3" Lift Blocks ~ Soft 8s wrapped in LT285/70/17 Silent Armors

Got the lift on last night. Took us eight hours total. It was a PITA. We had to weld a socket to one of the bolts to get it off and cut another with the torch. Overall not to bad just time consuming. Oh yea took us an hour to relocate the brake bracket because the fuel line/filter was right behind the bracket so we couldn't just heat it and break it off. Truck looks much better though also got the tires put on it.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jsprevat View Post
    Got the lift on last night. Took us eight hours total. It was a PITA. We had to weld a socket to one of the bolts to get it off and cut another with the torch. Overall not to bad just time consuming. Oh yea took us an hour to relocate the brake bracket because the fuel line/filter was right behind the bracket so we couldn't just heat it and break it off. Truck looks much better though also got the tires put on it.
    Post up pics! Did you spray pB blaster on that one bolt before welding it to get it off? the bolts must have just been corroded and too old haha...
    2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

yea put pb on it the day before and again about two hours before starting but they were fused together lol. I'll get some pics up prolly tomorrow.
    John

dis thread is worthless without pics !!!!!
    2009 CHEVROLET 1500 with a MONSTER 4.8 between the frame rails!!

Tuned by LSX Powersports ~ 4.10 ~ JBA Shorties ~ 4" Inlet/Outlet Spintech ~ Airaid Coldair
    CST 3.5" Spindles ~ Camburg Upper Control Arms ~ 2.5" CCM ~ FFR Tie Rods
    Full Throttle Suspension 3" Lift Blocks ~ Soft 8s wrapped in LT285/70/17 Silent Armors

+ Reply to Thread