+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Edit won't talk to my truck

I had the same problem initially the first time I tried to use edit. It was having a conflict with my IR port and had to disable it. Of course it took several days to figure this out. Edit has worked fine ever since.

Sorry I took so long to reply. Here is an update.
    I was using a Dell Laditude CPi on the serial port. I tried the USB/serial adapter, still no luck. I tried a multitude of cable combo's, no luck. So, I bought a new laptop. HP Pavillion ze5600 badmotherf*cker. Went back to MTI today. Tried everything, yes com ports too. Jayson even loaded the program on his laptop that he uses on all the cars. Still didn't happen. I guess my PCM just said the hell with it. I have an email in to Ken kelly. We will see what he says. The only other thing it can be is if I tapped into one of the wires coming off the PCM prom in the truck. I'll check that after my San Antionio trip this weekend. Allen, I would come by and see you, but we will be in the Exploder wth the kids. Yep, family trip to Fiesta texas. If nothing else, we can talk at the shootout if it'snot fixed by then.

man, that blows, i'm sure you'll get it going.

we sure can, bring the cable and we'll try a few things and try to eliminate some things,

allen

Yep, this is holding me out from the blower install. I'm going to have to resort to drilling my extra T/B blade out just to get the idle up. Kinda sux when you slow down to turn and the truck dies. Next time I swp the cam and valvetrain, I'll wait to make sure edit works before the job is done.

+ Reply to Thread