+ Reply to Thread

Thread: multiple chip settings

Is there anyway to make a system like the jet six pack chip where you have multiple chips that you can choose? that would be great so you can use one chip for daily driving and good gas mileage and then switch to another chip for the track.
    EATIN' FORDS AND TUNDRAS

RIP 2005 VHO ecsb 6.0HO, Comp Cam, Nelson Tune, OBX LT's.

For the GenIII style engines, NOPE, that I've heard,

The best we have is loading a race tune and a street tune each time lol,

(racing): "oh wait, let me pull out my laptop and load my racing file" LOL, I know it sux.

It would be very nice to have multiple settings like the Diablo chip.

allen

Maybe you could have 2 different PCM's for street or track.
    Arrival Blue 2003 Chevy Silverado RCSB (stepside) w/ 5.3 and an exhaust leak.

That would be a lot of work, but I guess it could be done, not sure of the load it would put on a pcm, having the additional wires on it.
    seems crazy but doable, lol.

errr ... I meant one in the truck and one under the seat. Wouldn't be exactly flip of a switch, but ... it would get you by.

Now that you mention that htough ... that would be a wiring nightmare.
    Arrival Blue 2003 Chevy Silverado RCSB (stepside) w/ 5.3 and an exhaust leak.

Think of it as a piggy back system. You have a switch box that holds two or three or however many chips you want for as many setting as you would like and then run it from there. you have a plug that plugs in where your old chip was and runs to the switch box with all the chips wired into the switch. I know you can do it with tbi and tpi so i imagine it wouldnt put that much of a load on the computer because you are only running one chip at a time. Im not saying i know more than anyone about chips but i dont see where it would put a bigger load on the computer. I would like to know where it would put a bigger load on the computer. As for the wiring it doesnt have to be a mile long. You could mount it close to the computer. When your at the track its not like your hood never opens unless you dont check your oil and all the other fluids before you run your truck. So mounting it under the hood would be no problem. It was just a thought though, hooking your laptop up to the truck isnt that hard either, its just like a big powerprogramer. What would be cool is if you could make a datalogger that you plug in for your runs at the strip, that way you dont have to take your computer down the track with you in order to log any data.
    EATIN' FORDS AND TUNDRAS

RIP 2005 VHO ecsb 6.0HO, Comp Cam, Nelson Tune, OBX LT's.

+ Reply to Thread