+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade Time!!!

Upgrade Time!!!

Hey yall I am new to this forum from New Orleans. Currently I have a '06 crew cab 5.3, flowmaster 40 series, 160 t-stat, volant cai, and nelson 89 tune. I am looking into getting a little more power out of the truck. I am looking into getting some LT headers, and a cam (not sure which one yet). My question is what all is involved in getting these parts? Do I need a stall converter or any other parts for the cam or headers (x or y pipe, cutouts) to get the most out of them and will the tranny need to modified? Also how much is to be expected to pay to have them installed. I love the tune by the waywhat a big difference. Is there a big difference from the 89 tune and the 93 tune?

Thanks for the help

welcome to the site! LT Headers, a cam (depending on what your going to use the truck for) and a stall would really wake that truck up. Whenever you get your re-tune for your cam/stall, I would personally go with the 93 tune, I know its like .10 more a gallon, but I just feel that the truck runs alot better on the 93 vs. mid grade. As far as your transmission is concerned; depending on what you cam you get, you would probably want a shift kit, a set of servos, and so forth. There is plenty of info on this board from all the guys on here, so have at it.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Thanks.
    Do you have a recommendation for a cam. I use this truck as my daily driver.

i just bought a tr224r with a 112lsa off of texas speed and performance. it comes with a package which includes pushrods and springs. its a great buy imo. if you dont want the tr224r they have i think like 8 other cams you can chose from with the package.
    2004 Avalanche 5.3L
    Show: 2/4 drop, 22inch Gitano rims, kuhmo rubber, custom sound, grill guard
    Go: Custom true duals, hpt olsd, transgo hd2 shift kit, vette servos, efans, underdrive pulley, tsp 224r with 112 lsa, 3200 stall tq, sway bars, shaner tb, throttle body bypass

2003 7.3L Ford Powerstroke Diesel
    Mild 100hp tune, straight pipe, k&n airfilter, small 3 inch lift with 35's, larger turbo, LOTS of soot

+ Reply to Thread