Thread: Penny just lost her dyno virginity

Threaded View

Penny just lost her dyno virginity

so i went to DBR High Performance's "No Cars Allowed" truck show today & they had Maximum Dyno out there with their portable rig, so i figured it'd be nice to get a baseline run before i get the LTs & cam.

for those of y'all who don't know my specs:
    • 99 NBS Sierra 1500 RCSB 4x4
    • NV3500 takin' abuse from a stock (for now) 01 LM7
    • AIRAID filter & tube
    • MellowTone chambered muffler - single 3" in/dual 2.25" out the back
    • BlackBear 93 tune
    • 3.73s turnin' some 265/75-16s

with the fuss i hear about stock drive shafts not liking to go past ~130mph & the dyno guys said it's best to use the 1:1 gear (4th), i only pulled to 5000rpm

ps - i love how it says i drive a "Serria"

my heart sank when i saw the numbers, but after talkin to a bunch of guys who also dynoed today & have already pulled on other machines before, this one was pretty far off. i noticed that it only showed around 120mph as it was logging when 5000rpm in 4th mathematically equals 126.2mph. another example was a Kenne Bell Lightning with forged internals on 17psi read 520hp today when he'd previously pulled 575hp at the shop when he did his engine work & with the factory blower. that same truck also had a timeslip for 11.76, so i didn't put a lot of stock in the dyno today, but it'll sure show a nice increase after the LTs & cam on a real dyno

care to share y'all's opinions?
    Last edited by zebra; 03-13-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓