I get a P0153 code and #5 & #7 plug wires burning quite often. This tells me that the sensor is not getting hot enough because it happens when I am cruising at low speeds. The heat is going somewhere and it is burning the plug wires. I tried using some sort of asbestos cloth wrap designed for spark plugs. Well, all it does is delay the inevitable burning of the wires. What is the solution?

I am trying Thermotec header wraps with a lot of frustration. The instructions are pure lies. You measure the length of the header and for every bend, add 8 inches. Well, my headers have 3 bends so that is 24 inches. I did that and it was short. OK, next tube I will add 32 inches instead of 24. Guess what? Short again. WTF???

I need to reduce the underhood temps to stop the burn. However, the headers are so close to the frame that at certain RPMs it wil knock as can be seen by the shiny metal frame where it contacts the header.

Can I use a ceremic coating that is commercially applied? Would that be as effective as the wrap? TIA