some of my DIY custom/bubba-fied LSx tooling!

Recently built an uber cheesy 17mm core plug/block drain tool for a quick and dirty plug removal this weekend;

building a little nicer version, again on the cheap. Cutting down this 17mm allen wrench and tacking it in a drive 17mm socket.

Chucked a used damper bolt in the lathe and turned down the head so the damper can slide off past it when using the 3 jaw puller. Even gave it pilot of the pullers centering cone.

havent decided whether or not I should get serious about building a front and rear cover alignment tool, more to the point, would such a tool be worth the hassle of building it? Seen pics of the GM version that captures the front cover and works in conjuction with the plate that bolts to the pan rail?...

In deciding whether or not I should get serious about building a front and rear cover alignment tool, more to the point, would such a tool be worth the hassle of building it, I took my old truck damper, and removed .002-.003 from the hub by honing it. The cut off the inertia ring, chucked it up in the lathe and turned down the spokes and filed/deburred them for finger friendly finish. Maybe this will suffice as it just slips over the cranks snout?

Worked just fine.