+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AIM Industries

Hybrid View

AIM Industries.
    Poor quality products
    Unwilling to stand behind their products.
    Poor customer service
    2003 LS 2wd ECSB 5.3 3.42 locking,
    D&J Intake, 180F T-stat, Gibson Sport Truck system-replaced muffler w/ Race Truck muffler,
    TB Bypass, ASP pulley, B&M 24k SuperCooler, Nelson Tune.
    Hotchkis 2"/4" - IAS Rear Shocks
    6,700 miles
    AIM = Buyer Beware !!
    http://members.cardomain.com/csherma1

ouch!

yea aims a joke theyve been like that for years
    old set up: 2002 chevy 5.3, procharger 12lbs boost, asm headers, ls1 edit, flames, 20inch budniks

New Set up: 2004 chevy 5.3 ext cab, 12 inch twisted suspension lift, 36's, exhaust.
    future mods: 150-200 shot, ls1 edit, air intake, stall, 5.13 gears, 12s or bust

Can't say april fools to that.
    '05 Tahoe 2WD 5.3
    Performance Mods: Nelson tune, 4" Volant Exhaust, Dynatech Full Header system, Volant Cold Air Intake, TB Bypass, 305/50R20 Eagle GT IIs
    Appearance Mods: 20x8.5 American Racing Torq-Thrust STs, Billet Emblem, Black Chrome Speed Grille, Removed running boards, door guards, fender caps and badges, and Silverstar lowbeams and fogs
    Cardomain Page> Click

WERD!!!!!!
    i keep breaking their stuff. I should have never bought anything from them if i had known better....

I live in Phx, AZ and they do make some goods parts..But everything else sucks.. and the shop they have smells like shit

Originally posted by Silverado03@Apr 1 2004, 04:55 PM
    ... smells like shit

I have a friend that loves AIM. But I have heard to many bad things about them to ever use their products.
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans
    vette cam sitting in garage

Back in 93 when I lowered my C1500 I used all AIM products and I was impressed with the quality of the product for the reasonably low price. I have since removed everything I bought from them and sold it to others. Nobody complained about the quality to to me. Their urethane roll pan was top notch. Spindles, shackles, hangers and all other items I bought from them fit excellant and required no modification. All bolts and hardware were top quality, no cheap bolts in the bunch. I guess their quality must have gone down.

Fabtech is a company I have had not a lot of luck with. Their 3" coil lift kit with tubular upper a-arms is a piece of crap, though the a-arms are nice looking. I am about to remove the coil lift kit because the truck will not handle worth a damn now. Lifting a 2wd chevy by lengthening the front coils really screws up the suspension and steering geometry. Since GM uses unequal length a-arms the suspension works in an odd manner when you make a turn. What happens is that nothing but the outside corner of the tire touchs the ground when turning/compressing the suspension, kind of like using a bicycle tire to keep the beast on the road when turning. It also makes the tires squeel/bark any time you hit a large bump on the road because of the weird manner the suspension travels.

I bought the coil lift kit at 4wheelparts in Dallas and after a heart to heart conversation with their manager found out that they will not sell the coil lift kits any more. I called Fabtech's customer service line and the customer service manager told me I was ignorant and had the wrong offset wheels on my truck, that is why it wouldn't handle. I finally convinced him to try and put the offset wheel they specify in their catalog on a 2wd xcab c1500. He finally agreed and found out that there was over an inch of interference between the spindle and the rim. I tried to get them to buy back their crap but they would not do anything. The way the coil lift kit made the truck handle made it almost dangerous to drive on the street. It probably would be fine for offroad but only good for a suicide jockey on public streets.

I will keep my Fabtech 4" lift spindles since they seem to be okay.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Originally posted by Silverado03@Apr 1 2004, 04:55 PM
    I live in Phx, AZ and they do make some goods parts..But everything else sucks.. and the shop they have smells like shit
    that is there parts....
    2003 LS 2wd ECSB 5.3 3.42 locking,
    D&J Intake, 180F T-stat, Gibson Sport Truck system-replaced muffler w/ Race Truck muffler,
    TB Bypass, ASP pulley, B&M 24k SuperCooler, Nelson Tune.
    Hotchkis 2"/4" - IAS Rear Shocks
    6,700 miles
    AIM = Buyer Beware !!
    http://members.cardomain.com/csherma1

+ Reply to Thread